Question About Sesamstraat

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I read at Muppet Wiki and at IMDb that for the first season of the Dutch co-production Sesamstraat, their street was shot on location in a half Dutch/half Belgian town since the show was originally a Dutch/Belgian co-production; then in the second season, a realistic-looking Dutch street was built inside a sound stage, before taking on the familiar abstract-look it had before the set was changed to look like the inside of a toybox last year.

However, I read quite a while ago at the official Sesamstraat - NPS site that in the beginning, there was no street/straat at all so they had to super-impose the characters in front of still shots of what served as the street via green-screen or blue-screen, or whatever before they built the abstract-looking set.

I'm not sure which to believe: on the one note, I'm sure everything at Muppet Wiki is as accurate as possible, from what I've seen as far as early Sesamstraat is concerned, it seems evident that everyone was super-imposed in front of a street via green or blue screen.

Which is true?

SSLFan

Reaction score
I can't really answer your question:embarrassed: , but what if Sesame Street devoloped an "abstract street format ?" I wonder how Sesamstraat fans reacted to that. Hmmmmm, this sounds familiar(AtC).

P.S. Does anyone have any pics of the "new street?"

Tommie

Reaction score
However, I read quite a while ago at the official Sesamstraat - NPS site that in the beginning, there was no street/straat at all so they had to super-impose the characters in front of still shots of what served as the street via green-screen or blue-screen, or whatever before they built the abstract-looking set.
That was the pilot: Sesamplein (Sesame Square)
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sesamplein

Tommie

Reaction score
I think they sale by auction, Paul has buy the streetbord.
(P.S. sorry for my wrong english)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh wow, that's rather interesting.

Hey Tommie... weren't you here BEFORE April of this year, or am I thinking of a different Tommie?