Anyone remember these shows?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Next to Sesame Street, Arthur is the greatest educational children's show there is, but since it's such a long-running series and the kids who supply the voices get older, they make M*A*S*H look like they never had a cast change!

I kind of liked Arthur's previous voice, it was pretty close to his original, but his new voice is TOO high-pitched for him. But then again, he sounded almost like Macauly Caulkin does today before the first cast-change for him.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I really love Lamb Chop! Probably more then anything at the time. But I agree with you, Snowthy! Arthur is a really good children's program! It's like something you can enjoy at any age.:smile: I though the first kid was perfect, but I don't mind the other tow or three kids now who have done his voice sense.:smirk:

Kiki

Reaction score
Yeah, I was a child of the 90s. Though I hated most things about the decade (sorry y'all), the kids shows were perty good!

The Magic School Bus, oh that's bringing back memories! I loved the wacky teacher and her pet cameleon. She... /did/ have a pet cameleon, didn't she? Yeah, I loved that show and I collected the books as well. :smile:

Oh I remember Barney! Omg, okay, I was born a Barney fan! I had soft toys of the characters (Barney, Baby Bop, BJ, and even Twinken from the movie!) and...... man I loved that show!

Lambchop, loved her, had the puppet and everything! :big_grin:

My friend and I try to relive our early childhood by thinking of all those shows that were around that time, she loves Arthur, too! I'll try and think up s'more. :smile:

Arthur is still one of my all-time fave shows, I love it, I really do.

lael

Reaction score
I love Snook on It's A Big Big Big World!
Although I think it's a new century creation. . . does that still count?

I'm also a big fan of Blue's Clues, both the Steve years & the Joe years!

I've also like Johnny & The Sprites. It's with John Tartaglia, of Avenue Q fame.

:excited: HAHAHA! What are
DaDoots! HAHAHA! :excited:

Old skool Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
"Go ninja, go ninja, go" ~ Vanilla Ice

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
No, 'It's a Big Big World' doesn't count. But it's a pretty good show, though. Neither do the other shows. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles might, though.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, I was a child of the 90s. Though I hated most things about the decade (sorry y'all), the kids shows were perty good!
Yeah I didn't enjoy most of the decade either. The '80s definitely had better kids shows. But just enough of the old magic managed to creep into some of the '90s show. But yeah it's also when things really started going downhill.

I'd say Ninja Turtles counts, it was a 1991 thing. :smile:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Well, the 80's and 90's had it's fare share of good tv shows to me.:smile:
The only downpoint was that Jim Henson died in the begining of the decade if your a Henson fan.:cry:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Firstly, I say Barney the dinosaur is satan himself in a stupid purple suit. Dinosaurs had their image ruined by that thing. Gimme good ol' Grimace from McDonalds any day.

I love Arthur, and changing his voice is unfortunately necissary, as they use real children voices. If they kept the same Arthur, he'd have a deep adult voice by now. Show's been on over 10 years! I think his voice would be perfect for Charlie Brown (in the last couple seasons).

Anyway, anyone remember THESE shows:
The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley
Toxic Crusaders
Bump in the night
Gravedale High
Samurai Pizza Cats (I've been rewatching it on youtube lately, and I find it quite good for what it is)

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't enjoy most of the decade either. The '80s definitely had better kids shows. But just enough of the old magic managed to creep into some of the '90s show. But yeah it's also when things really started going downhill.

I'd say Ninja Turtles counts, it was a 1991 thing. :smile:
Yeah, I would almost single handily blame Barney for the down fall of all children's programming, LOL! Everything either restructured itself to be more like it, or ripped off it and we had all these answer shows. Lousy time for Kids shows. It seemed liked it propos was just to make money, and the flood gates opened all over the place when exec's took notice of that fact. Then we had all this pointless children's shows that seemed like they were around for no other reason but to make money.:stick_out_tongue:

By the way, Ninja Turtles came out in 1987 in syndication. but started airing in CBS on Saturday morning in 1990.

I've heard of ever single one of those shows except Gravedale High. And I remember the Captain Bucky Ohare used to come on ever morning right before Toxic Crusaders. I used to love Bump in the night! And The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley was such a completely hirlarious show!:zany: