Anyone remember these shows?

lael

Reaction score
What about the SILVERHAWKS? I remeber watching them before getting ready for school, right before the THUNDERCATS & INSPECTOR GADGET on a local station.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've heard of ever single one of those shows except Gravedale High. And I remember the Captain Bucky Ohare used to come on ever morning right before Toxic Crusaders. I used to love Bump in the night! And The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley was such a completely hirlarious show!:zany:
Gravedale High was an NBC show that had Rick Moranis play himself as a teacher. I watched a little of it on youtube last night.

Anyway, I feel Ed Grimley was a great show, but ahead of its time. And for the wrong market too. I think adults appreciated it more than the kids. I loved it, and had a gold fish named Moby just like his. I really wish that they'd release SNL best of Martin Short already so I can see ol' Ed again. Plus, that episode of Muppets Tonight where he actually played Ed? That's one of the greatest moments from that show.

But I agree. Barney helped make children's programming horrid. He was bad and obnoxious himself, but all those cheap knock offs like Dudley the Dragon, and Bloopies Buddies (which wasted and humiliated the talent of John Winters) were flat out crappy money ventures. The only thing I hate more is Tellitubbies and Boohbah. Much as I always badmouth crap like dora the Explorer and The Backyardigans (what the shell is that, anyway? What's the appeal?) those two are the Algonquin round table compared to Barney.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
There's this local show Called Dooley & Pals that isn't ever trying to be original, witch wouldn't say much anyway.

But yeah, I remember Thunder Cats and I love Inspector Gadget, too!:smile:

lael

Reaction score
I used to part time week ends at my sister's daycare until about 4 months ago. All the kids loved the Dora/Diego combo & The Backyardiggans & The Blue's Clues. I really didn't mind those shows.
Nope. Nevermind. I'm thinking of The Wonderpets, not The Backyardiggans. Surry! Not one single kid even mentioned Barney. I think that has to do with the parents tho. If parents don't want to watch something, well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Jeez... and Wonderpets. I mean, WOW! that's some bad programming right there. You call those things superheros? Magneto would eat them alive.

Hey... anyone remember the Teddy Ruxpin cartoon?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sort of, I had a Teddy Ruxpin Bear though. It was sort of creepy, but nothing compared to some of the things I've seen that are out now, though.

It's true that Barney is not as popular as he used to be. But I bet you could put kids in front of almost anything and they'd like it.:stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, I hope that's not true. I remember being pretty picky as a child when it came to TV, even with the kids' shows. :halo:

I had a talking Snoopy, it terrified me! Lol

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If I remember, he had the voice he had in a couple of the later TV specials. Where Snoopy didn't talk, but we heard his thoughts out loud. It was the same voice actor who played Leonardo on the Ninja Turtles cartoon (Cam Clarke).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Lol, I hope that's not true. I remember being pretty picky as a child when it came to TV, even with the kids' shows. :halo:

I had a talking Snoopy, it terrified me! Lol
Well, there are always some kids that are picky like that. I mean there were so many more choices when it came to quality programming before. Now it all pretty much the same. A lot of useless stuff.:smirk:

Yeah! I was thinking more like thinking Snoopy, but yeah, I remember that. It was pretty weird.:confused: