What do you think the 40 anniversary will be about....

mbmfrog

Reaction score
In case Sesame Street does make it towards it 40th anniversary special, what do you think it will be about....

My theory is the Return of the frog.

With permission from Disney, Kermit along with some of his Muppet friends and a bunch of his celebrity buddies throw SS a BIG 40th anniversary banquet honoring the famous street.

Kermit hosts the show, along with special guest stars including an appearance by Brian Henson, telling us the real "origin" of the television series, and showing us some very special tributes towards SS most famous songs.

Also Kermit gets a chance to tap dance with the newest Member to the SS family, Abby.

Along with a duet of Robin and Abby playing upon Kermit's "It not that easy being Green" song with a hint of pink into the song.

Towards the end of the show, both Bob and Big bird summons up what this show has done for them and how SS is truly important to themselves and to the world.

So what do you think of that Idea ? :smile:
So wha

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Nice idea, especially the Kermit and Robin duet, that would be touching.

I'd be skeptical about a 40th anniversary, since the Street We Live On was pretty disapointing. But still, I believe anything is possible!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I seriously doubt Disney is going to give Sesame Workshop permission to have Kermit on the street ever again.

I'm sure, though, that the 40th Anniversary will probably be just another musical celebration will all the characters on the show, and it'll probably be "extra special" for Abby since it might be her first special celebration.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'd love to see Kermit return to Sesame Street.If he did maybe they could have him for the rest of the shows years after the 40th anniversery.:smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I think we might see an in-depth look at the Street, something like the "20 and Still Counting" special. I think that would be a lot of fun, maybe even have Bill Cosby come back to host, that would be great.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It would have to be a celebration of the entire series, and not just a celebration of what it is now, that's the thing.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I think we might see an in-depth look at the Street, something like the "20 and Still Counting" special. I think that would be a lot of fun, maybe even have Bill Cosby come back to host, that would be great.
I would love to see another special like that. The 20th anniversary was so well done and obviously had a lot of time put into it. I'm skeptical of whether we'll get something that high of quality but one can always hope. Also great idea of having Bill Cosby come back and host since he did such a great job the first time. He seemed so comfortable on Sesame Street.

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
Here's how I think the 40th Anniversery should go. It will be hosted by the Count who is very excited about the fact that Seasme Street is 40 years old. 40 years he can count. He will start out with the first year, and talk about different things that happened that year, then the second year and then the 3rd. He can mention his debut in Season 4, and it can show his first skit ever with Ernie and Bert and the Pyramid, and he can mention how he didn't start out on the right foot with some of the Sesame Street residents. He could mention things that happened over the years like Mr. Hooper's death and how terribly sad he was when that happened, and how he was even too sad to count for weeks after that. He can mention when the adults first met Snuffy, and count all the surprized astonished faces. He could point out other memories from other seasons as well. Every season he could do a rundown on what happened that year, and it could show various clips from each season. When he finally gets down to the 40th Season, he could say "Well this is it........... Hey wait, this IS the 40th Season, well there's only one thing we can do now then isn't there? we can COUNT to 40! oooooooooohhhhhh this is what Iv'e been waiting for" then he could stop and say "Hey wait, something isn't right, Ahhhhh I know, what fun is counting to 40 without all your friends with you" Then he could call everyone out, every human and every Muppet, even charachters who haven't been around in a while like Alice, and Benny Rabbit. And they could all count to 40 together, then at the end balloons and confeti could come out of nowhere and everyone would cheer. The perfect end to a pefect special.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't know why but I always imagined Forgetul Jones finally turning up again out of nowhere at the end of a special or the end of the series (not that I'm wanting that), having finally remembered "how to get to Sesame Street." Lol