1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What do you think the 40 anniversary will be about....

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by mbmfrog, Jul 9, 2007.

1. bigjeffy

bigjeffy New Member

I still think they should have some characters from the past show up for the 40th anniversery.:)
  2. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

that would be awesome if kermit came back....hopefully big bird, oscar, bert, and ernie will get big parts cause they are some of the classic characters who we all know and love but have been pushed to the background recently...because of "you - know - who"...i cant wait
  3. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

That would be a thrill for me.:) But some classic fans may not like it.:rolleyes: Who really cares though.:smirk: It would still be a real treat to somthing like that again. Nice idea though.​
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well as a "classic fan", heh, I don't mind the idea. The Around the Corner thing doesn't bother me. I mainly just hope the characters ands plots are well written. :)
  5. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately bigjeffy,some of the characters like David(Northern Calloway) Mr. Hooper (Will Lee) and Rafael (Raul Julia) are no longer with us. Other than that,it's a good idea.
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well they could do it with the puppets. :)
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

As long as some of them don't talk, I could totally see that. Some characters might be retired for respect and others might just not have a good continuer role. It is actually pretty hard to come up with perminant ones. look how many Dr. Teeth's they had to go through, and he still only says one or two words.
  8. bigjeffy

bigjeffy New Member

Yeah,that'd be cool,but I meant like Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats,Little Jerry and the Monotones(oh yeah!:D )and maybe even Guy Smiley.:) ;)
  9. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Now THAT is a good idea for Guy Smiley to return for an SS themed 40th anniversary game show. :)
  10. bigjeffy

bigjeffy New Member

Yeah I guess they could have Steve Whritmare perform him instead of Eric Jacobson.
  11. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Well, they do have a right to play the old skits. Remember that they had some older clips with Kermit in "The Street we Live On?" I think they'd be able to work out a deal with Disney and use :) in newer material for a big event like the 40th Anniversary Special. Maybe they could have both Kermit and Bill Cosby host. After all, a few times in the 20th Anniversary special, :) was too busy to talk to Bill. This way he could make up for lost time. Lol.
  12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I'm liking some of these ideas. I like the idea of The Count counting each year, and the idea of the Muppets celebrating Sesame Street.

One great idea might be to highlight the shows top 40 moments. Maybe Sesame Workshop can have fans vote for their favorite moments online, and then they can be represented.
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I don't think they should do what they did in the past, I want to see somthing new. Surprise me, LOL!
  14. bigjeffy

bigjeffy New Member

I thought of something.They should air one of the older "Spaceship Surpise!" clips for the 40th anniversary.
  15. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

Maybe Regis can be the host for the Sesame Street 40th Anniversary. Maybe some Bloopers of Sesame Street.
  16. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Do you guys think there will be a lot of hooplah for the 40th? They kinda went all out for the 35th...lets hope they do a lot though
  17. minor muppetz

I wonder if there will be both a television special and a direct-to-DVD special (or are the direct-to-video specials reserved for anniversaries that multiply to five?).

Some people here have expressed a desire for a special that's all-new. Well, Elmopalooza was all-new footage. That anniversary special didn't have any old clips at all. :cry:
  18. Daffyfan2003

I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. They did reuse old songs, but they were all redone. That is one way "The Street We Live On" was an improvement there. They showed a lot of old clips. I liked how at the end, they had a clip for each year. I think for the 40th Anniversary, they could do something like that, but expand on it, rather than mushing it all together at the end, they could base the whole show on that and show a few minutes worth of clips for each year.

In fact I have a Peanuts book where they have quite a few pages worth of strips for each decade. I could see "Sesame Street" doing something like that in form of a TV special.

Another thought, even though I feel that Abby has been overused, I'm thinking maybe focusing on her for the 40th Anniversary would work. She wouldn't know about "Sesame Street's" history, so maybe somehow she could learn about Mr. Hooper and the revealing of Snuffy to the adults, etc. I mean, I wouldn't want it to be "The Street We Live On" all over again, but maybe they could add more. Like that fan fiction somebody wrote about Grover taking Elmo through history with his time machine, starting with them meeting the original orange Oscar. Grover, Elmo and Abby could all go on the ride there. Just a few thoughts I had. I might write more as I think of more ideas.
  19. minor muppetz

I thought about that idea, too. And with Abby, there wouldn't be any continuity problems.
  20. Daffyfan2003

That's true. She wouldn't see herself at Maria and Luis's wedding and completely ignore that. Lol.