What do you think the 40 anniversary will be about....

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That would be really funny, heralde, hehe!

But I think that what ever they end up doing for season forty that it deserves to be a prime time special. And at season forty, it needs to be at least two hours long. Even it it's split into two parts. Maybe one part could be a special with the cast and the other a retrospect with the likes of Rosco Orman hosting or eve Jone Cooney or Head writer Lou Berger hosting. Just my thoughts on it.

But that really need to do something really special for the show that season, too.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Okay, I don't know how the 40th aniversary should turn out, all I know is, it's gonna take a talented team of writers to put it all together.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Definitely! As long as it doesn't pretend there was no show before Elmo's World. Hehe

BeckyDR

Reaction score
Hopefully, the 40th Anniversary special will include some classic skits featuring the number 40...of course, including the 40 dots sketch :wink:.

BEAR

Reaction score
Oh what I would do for a 40th anniversary special...even a 40th season at all! I'm sure they will do something. It would be the 40th year afterall. That's quite an accomplishment. Honestly, I don't think "The Street We Live On" was bad. I just don't think it was that necessary. I mean, it just was there. It didn't need to be some big extravagant thing. 40 years is a bigger deal and yes, it should be a primetime special. I would also love to see another feature film made. It's been a while since Elmo went to Grouchland. I think they can pull something good together with the right team of writers, something the Classic Muppets are lacking right now. Kevin Clash could pull something together. But making Elmo the center of it isn't necessary. Let Big Bird shine again! Especially since we may be coming up onto Carroll Spinney's last years playing the part. Not trying to be pessimistic, just putting it out there. Maybe Big Bird and Elmo could be more like co-hosts/co-stars in whatever big thing they do next.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! I can agree to them working together. But I think it they should have one special that is just the cast and a street story with no skits in between and one should be about 40 years of Sesame Street. And I have enough faith in Sesame Workshop that they will really do their research and do a good job with it. Perhaps a permanent figure or news reporter can host the show? They should do something really special concerning clips, skits and sketches to. Maybe some sort of DVD releases or something or the sort? What do you think? Maybe relieve the most famous ones and then release the rarer one in two different collections. They could ever release all of the really important moments in a collections.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Of course I'd be THRILLED to see Kermit in any new S. St. production but I doubt it'll happen thanks to Disney... the misers....:mad:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I seriously doubt Disney is going to give Sesame Workshop permission to have Kermit on the street ever again.
I don't think they wouldn't allow them to use Kermit... I just think SW can't AFFORD to get Kermit. Disney must be charging them an arm and a leg. I really really wish Disney only owned Kermit in terms of the Muppet show, and SW had the rights to Kermit in all older skits. And they have the first say in wanting him as a guest star.

That said, It will be the same retorspective, and there will be a telivised version and a sepperate DVD version with different stories and clips. I just hope they have a retrospective that's like 30 years and counting or 25 years and counting or whatever the heck it is.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
How about if the cast members take the subway, they can go to another street, similar to the Around the Corner set.