Whoa! Where'd THIS come from?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Not sure on this. I am pretty positive that there were a few Muppet Babies "video storybooks" released on VHS- I've seen at least one that actually featured new live (that is, puppet) footage of Kermit and Robin, as Kermit got ready to tell him some stories of his Muppet Babies' days.

But there are also a couple different official Muppet Babies VHS releases out there, most of which can be bought on Amazon.com And until they make their way to DVD, this is thus far the only way to see Muppet Babies on an official release (unless you count their cameos in "The Muppets Take Manhattan" and "Muppet Family Christmas".)

wiley207

Reaction score
All the Muppet Babies Video Storybooks featured live puppet footage with Kermit (appropriately performed by Jim Henson) reading and narrating the stories, which were illustrations taken from the books with some partial computer FX added. The stories were also scored with actual Muppet Babies background music from the animated series. Here's a clip from one with Kermit reading to Robin (also appropriately voiced by Jerry Nelson). :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVuNlZC97Pk

muppet baby

Reaction score
All the Muppet Babies Video Storybooks featured live puppet footage with Kermit (appropriately performed by Jim Henson) reading and narrating the stories, which were illustrations taken from the books with some partial computer FX added. The stories were also scored with actual Muppet Babies background music from the animated series. Here's a clip from one with Kermit reading to Robin (also appropriately voiced by Jerry Nelson). :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVuNlZC97Pk

i had one of these VHS tapes as a child and loved it so much and i don't know what happened to it looooooooooo oh well i loved for the years that i had it .

on the one that i had kermit was siting in a chair reading from one of the muppet babies books .

i had all of those books as a kid and read from them several times a week .
The fraggle rock books were great also loved them to that was how i really got to know fraggle rock .

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, it was an interactive storybook kinda thing. You picked different options, and the adventure would read accordingly. It came with a special tape that was recorded by all the voice actors, including Nanny. :smile: