Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

rexcrk

Reaction score
I actually got my set last week... but only started watching it a day or so ago (what can I say... Simpsons season 10 came out the same day :wink: ) and I like what I've seen so far! Problem is my disc one has a scratch on it... which I didn't think would be too much of a problem but apparently my Xbox seems to think it is. I don't know when I'll be able to return it to FYE where I bought it either.

I miss the Muppet Morsels trivia too, but I guess I can always check out the awesome Muppet Central guides for neat facts! :halo:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I miss the Muppet Morsels trivia too, but I guess I can always check out the awesome Muppet Central guides for neat facts! :halo:
But Muppet Central still doens't have any guides for seasons 3-5, and by now I don't think there will be (but you can check the guides at Muppet Wiki).

David French

Reaction score
But Muppet Central still doens't have any guides for seasons 3-5, and by now I don't think there will be (but you can check the guides at Muppet Wiki).
That's not fair; you have to remember that the people who run Muppet Central don't do this for a living but as a hobby. I'm sure there will be guides eventually but we are going to have to be patient and wait.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I can understand why you may feel tempted to doubt the coming of the other guides minor. But I agree with David French. They must be slowly working on them. I hope we get an update soon. But we must all be very, very patient.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Okay, I don't think I've heard any official confimration of them giving up on the guides, but the first season guide was added in may 2002, and the second season guide was added in december 2003, and we haven't had any guides added since.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Ah, Jaye P.! Eventually fired from The Gong Show by Standards & Practices because of her wild, often unpredictable (and sometimes vulgar) behavior and language.

Actually, Jaye P. was well known long before her game show days as a singer in the 1950s. She had several hits, including "That's All I Want From You," "Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries," and "Are You Lonesome Tonight" (later, of course, a big hit for Elvis). She also had her own television series in the 1950s.
I thought the episode she guest starred in was really neat in that they had two skits from Sam and Friends on there. I like seeing them reuse different older bits, if just to see what they might have been like.

My only complaint with the sets is that there are no lyrics in the subtitles. I don't mind missing the Muppet Morsels that much (although they were nice), but I really loved having the lyrics on screen during the musical numbers. Then again, I'd rather actually HAVE the musical numbers, so I suppose it's understandable why they were left off. It probably costs quite a bit extra to actually print the lyrics.

spcglider

Reaction score
So...is it just me, or do they put the bit with Fozzie joining Rowlf playing "English Country Garden" on piano in two seperate shows?

-Gordon

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
So...is it just me, or do they put the bit with Fozzie joining Rowlf playing "English Country Garden" on piano in two seperate shows?

-Gordon
they did it was a mistake disney made when they put it all together

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I asked Craig Shemin about the absence of the morsels and the promos on the new set. He said that there was a different dvd producer on this set and they did some things differntly. He did say that he would love to have that stuff on there again.
Do you mean that Craig Shermin said that he'd like to see them on future sets again, or that Craig Shermin said the DVD producer would like to see them on future sets again? If it's Craig Shermin who wants them to be included again, I don't know how promising that would be. He works for Henson, not Disney, so I don't know if he did any work on the second set or not. I think that he did write some of the morsels.