Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

Telly

Reaction score
I LOVE that video! I like how Gonzo and Rizzo team up on Piggy...kinda like she's the new guy in the group.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
We've got our copy - and it's good, it's all good. They've certainly got a little more energy and pep in season 2.

MWoO

Reaction score
I liked the set. I thought the bonus features were just fine. It had some great new material and a nice old special. I'm not a fan of the pop up trivia from the season 1 set. Also the menus were better this time around. They featured more characters and the menu looked better than the weird box flipping retro like thing from before. While it would have been nice to have a different set of characters for each disc I don't think what was done was bad. It was nice to see Kermit and Fozzie paired up again instead of the obvious Piggy. Still don't quite get the Animal and Rizzo pair, but it was good.

Frankly, for the price, this is not a bad set at all. It's 26 episodes, a good chunk of new muppet material, and an old special that hasn't been released before as far as I know. I think Youtube has made people expect a lot more for their buck.

Telly

Reaction score
Yeah the Animal & Rizzo team-up was quite odd. However I found it funny! It made me like Animal more.

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah, but Steve doesn't perform Floyd. Perhaps Sam and Rizzo. Now that's a team up that could be funny.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I guess that for the menus, only Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson (and another performer for Fozzie's right hand) were hired, and only their characters were there. But maybe one of the disc menus could have had Link Hogthrob and Miss Piggy, since Link has been performed by Steve Whitmire on a few occassions. Or maybe Animal could have been paired with one of the many monsters who doesn't have a consistent performer. It could have been the return of Boppity (or the return of Gloat, or the return of Doglion). Or maybe Miss Piggy and Foo-Foo could have hosted a menu.

I would have preferred Animal to have been teamed up with Lips, but then again, having Lips on a second season set would be just as out of place as having Rizzo there.

MWoO

Reaction score
Oh yeah I didn't even think of Lips. And I love your idea of Piggy and Link. That would have been great, especially since season 2 started Pigs in Space. Good idea! Too bad they didn't think of that. Of course, it would have meant rebuilding Link probably. Then again, Animal didn't look wel put together himself, which I think is why we saw a new version on America's Got Talent.