Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The Muppet impersonations that Rich Little does aren't so hot. It's like at the very last second they told him to do that, or he offered last second.

MWoO

Reaction score
I agree. I hate his impressions of the muppets and i hate that the muppets acted like they were good. It was much funnier in the Star Wars episode where Mark Hammil actually did decent ones and the muppets had no idea. Rich Little's Piggy just creeps me out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
They did need a bit of work, but it can take time to develop impressions, they don't always just come up out of nowhere. And maybe he was thrown off by the whole puppet thing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Also, The Muppet Show was still a bit new at the time, with only one season. Fozzie, Piggy, Statler, and Waldorf hadn't been around very long yet.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Also, The Muppet Show was still a bit new at the time, with only one season. Fozzie, Piggy, Statler, and Waldorf hadn't been around very long yet.
That's a good point as well. Fozzie and Piggy in particular were still developing as characters.

MWoO

Reaction score
That's all good and well, but he shouldn't have attempted to do the impressions if he couldn't do them, and he couldn't. They were bad. When someone is a professional there is no reason to have to make excuses for them. It seems he just felt like he had to do them because all he does are impressions, but he should have stuck to what he did well, not forced out quick impressions.

They are just painful to listen to.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well it probably wasn't up to him, if that's what they wrote for him to do. It wasn't his show. And why have Rich Little on if he isn't going to do impressions of you? And if you want someone as a guest star, you don't tell them their impressions of you aren't working, hehe.

Plus, in doing the Muppets, he's kinda doing an impression of an impression. After all, the muppets are impressions of real "people", with their movments etc. It's not enough just to do the voice. It looked like he hadn't really taken the puppet movements into account. But then, even if he had, it would be hard for him to imitate, being a non puppet. It wouldn't always look the same.

In the end, no it wasn't perfect. But I think he had a very difficult job in imitating the Muppets. It wasn't horrible, he did his best. I did enjoy Mark Hamill's more, though they weren't perfect either, few impressions are. But he just went and had fun with it. And had a better idea of the movement. The whole skit was thought out better. And he had the benefit of stronger developed Muppet personalities (later on in the series). But in the end, they were both very talented. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I agree. I hate his impressions of the muppets and i hate that the muppets acted like they were good. It was much funnier in the Star Wars episode where Mark Hammil actually did decent ones and the muppets had no idea. Rich Little's Piggy just creeps me out.
Maybe they were meant to be bad impressions on purpose, and the muppets thinking they were good was part of the humour of it all.
Mark Hammil's impressions may have been the same gag in reverse, they muppets couldn't see how good his were, but Rich's sounded excellent to them.
What weird creatures muppets are.:confused: :crazy: :wink:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
lol well it means anything I didn't find any of Rich Little's impersonations to be very good.:embarrassed:
The only reason I even enjoyed that episode was because of the News Team outside interviewing him it was nice to see the Newsman outside of the studio & it was nice to see Mildred in a speaking role again.