Met Martin P. Robinson this week!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was at the premiere of "The World According to Sesame Street" at The Museum too. It was a very moving documentary and it was great to see Marty in person. I didn't talk to him, but it was a great experience seeing him bring Telly to life, I'd never seen a real Muppet in person. :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I was at the premiere of "The World According to Sesame Street" at The Museum too. It was a very moving documentary and it was great to see Marty in person. I didn't talk to him, but it was a great experience seeing him bring Telly to life, I'd never seen a real Muppet in person. :smile:
Yes I had tears in my eyes by the end of the film. It's truly amazing that the gift of the Muppets has been brought literally around the world and brought the same joy we get from them. Jim Henson would be proud for sure. It was also really interesting to see all the struggles they went through to get these productions going.

I liked the film so much I ended up buying it on DVD when it was released.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My favorite part of the documentary is seeing the puppeteers from Bangladesh receiving their puppets for the first time, the audience loved that moment, it was so sweet! And I remember the film editor saying that was the first part she worked on. :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
My favorite part of the documentary is seeing the puppeteers from Bangladesh receiving their puppets for the first time, the audience loved that moment, it was so sweet! And I remember the film editor saying that was the first part she worked on. :smile:
Yeah that was a great scene. You could tell these people were so overjoyed to have this kind of opportunity where normally that area is stricken with so many problems. I also found it quite remarkable how most of those performers never puppeteered in their life and managed to learn enough to produce the show!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
where Ernie and Bert in the show?
No, this was a documentary about two filmmakers who filmed the whole process of trying to get new regional versions of Sesame Street up and running in different countries. So the focus was mainly on the new characters they were building for these new productions.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
then why are they on the cover of the box that doset make a lot of scence