Met Martin P. Robinson this week!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
They were likely put on the cover to encourage people to buy it. Otherwise they might get turned off if it looked like a boring or depressing documentary. (Not that I'm saying it was :smile: ).

(Sort of like how they put Elmo on the cover of everything, heh).

MelissaY1

Reaction score
They were likely put on the cover to encourage people to buy it. Otherwise they might get turned off if it looked like a boring or depressing documentary. (Not that I'm saying it was :smile: ).

(Sort of like how they put Elmo on the cover of everything, heh).

Exactly. Most people have no idea who the foreign Sesame characters are so from a marketing standpoint if someone is in a store and they're on the cover, they're going to be confused. So they put the popular characters on the cover to attract people.

On the other hand it does make sense to some extent: many of the foreign Sesame productions also include skits from our version dubbed in their language so while they may call them something different, foreign children DO know Ernie, Bert, Elmo, Big Bird, etc.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Actually looking at the cover again I noticed it DOES feature the international Sesame characters but Bert and Ernie are prominently featured in the center....

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea see when they frist gave news about it i thought that Bert and Ernie where taking a trip to see the other shows or somthing.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
yea see when they frist gave news about it i thought that Bert and Ernie where taking a trip to see the other shows or somthing.
Yeah I remember hearing something about that too! Unless I've got it confused with another Sesame Street project?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yeah I remember hearing something about that too! Unless I've got it confused with another Sesame Street project?
yea cause i know it was about the time we all thought that the Classic Muppets where shooting a movie or somthing. We thought that Eric and Steve would be way to busy for somthing like that. I rember the fights we had over it as if they where yseterday.

spcglider

Reaction score
Oh... just to clarify, Martin was here in St.Paul doing the festival because he had already signed the contract to do so. They decided to begin filming on the Sesame Street Christmas special in the mean time, so Noel (I forget the last name), the guy who plays Bear on BITBBH, was standing in for him while he was at the festival. After the Fest was over, he had to go home for a family reunion and then he was on his way to New York to perform Telly in all the speaking spots for the show.

But the funny thing was that Noel evidently was leaving reatively good-natured messages for him in email and cel-phone service saying things like "Get your (butt) back here soon!". Its a very uncomfortable thing for one performer to step into another person's character even just for stand-in purposes.

Hope that answers the questions. :smile:

-G

dwayne1115

Reaction score
See i kind of thought that was what was going on. I really wonder how hard it is to get in the Chrismas mood/spirit shooting a chrismas show in July/Agust.
Poor Nole (I also forgot his last name) I know it must be hard doing Telly when he knows that Marty is still around and could look at what he has done and say Telly would not have done that.

spcglider

Reaction score
I suspect it isn't anything that critical. Probably a lot of Telly in the background or group shots where he isn't being the center of attention.

-G