havent seen a thread on this so im starting one...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The key to all this "Cryptozoology" stuff is, whether you believe in it or not, part of you hopes it's true. A History Channel documentary on the Loch Ness Monster once compared belief in these creatures to a search for God or a higher power. We want something that makes life meaningful and amazing. Even though these things are considered "monsters," we'd love to believe that something fantastic and different actually exists. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That makes sense, it's like I've heard many times before "a person just wants SOMETHING to believe in".

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Not sure how a bunch of silly monsters and thins are meaningful, but they are fun as urban legions. But I would personally be terrified if one was real.:eek:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey I think I just saw a Mothman type thing on Spongebob, complete with red eyes!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Is that a real imaginary creature? If not then still sounds pretty cool anyway.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
The key to all this "Cryptozoology" stuff is, whether you believe in it or not, part of you hopes it's true. A History Channel documentary on the Loch Ness Monster once compared belief in these creatures to a search for God or a higher power. We want something that makes life meaningful and amazing. Even though these things are considered "monsters," we'd love to believe that something fantastic and different actually exists. :smile:
Well, I have a strong belief in God, but I still believe in Nessie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not sure how a bunch of silly monsters and thins are meaningful, but they are fun as urban legions. But I would personally be terrified if one was real.:eek:
Yeah it does sound strange, lol. I think it's that we're always told as children that these fantastic creatures aren't real, they don't exist, scary or no. The idea that we could prove that wrong I think is what fascinates people. Also the idea that we don't know everything, that there are still things to be discovered.

You know, if they just drained the Loch, we'd solve the Nessie mystery once and for all! Hehe, sorry

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, if they just drained the Loch, we'd solve the Nessie mystery once and for all! Hehe, sorry
Yeah, I mean, couldn't they just get some big tanker trucks in their with hoses, and suck all the water out of the lake, and see if Nessie is real or not, and if she is, then they can capture her and put her in a cage for people to awe at, then they can shoot all the water back into the lake.