Tinseltown News

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
The wrong thing is not taking Bobby along to enjoy the view. He definitely seems up for a party! It's interesting that Bobby's assistant is Samson's ex-wife or something, lol.

I REALLY like this show, it needs to be on a major network. Best thing Henson have done since VMX, maybe even before that.
I couldn't agree with you more Luke.
Wow! Actual thoughtful discussion of the show in the thread about the show. I don't think I've had to delete anything all day. :smile: Tinseltown may have a lot of potential that's yet to truly be tapped, but far more remarkably there may be hope for this thread.
Yes, It's quite nice when people mind their manners.

Convincing John

Reaction score
A question about the characters...

I haven't seen the pilot yet, but I've wondered, can/are these characters considered "Muppets" or are they something else, like "Henson Alternative characters"?

Since Disney owns the regular Muppets (Kermit and the gang) would they swoop down and close production on Tinseltown? I could just hear some lame excuse from Diz like "the pig on your show looks too close to Howard Tubman". (Hey, this is the same company that's gone after day care centers, it could happen). Technically, Disney could even say something as ridiculous as "we have to shut down your production of X. Why? Well, that mop in the background looks to close to our copywrited character Bellereguard." Ridiculous? Absolutely! But I wouldn't put anything past Disney's lawyers.

I'll watch the pilot when I get the chance. I just wondered how the legal stuff was handled in a production like this (same with "Puppet Up!") to keep the Mouse from interferring and to keep Brian and co. out of legal trouble when they use Muppet-style puppets.

Convincing John

Luke

Reaction score
After watching this pilot and listening to the interview on the Henson podcast, I’m ready to see more of these characters and see them expanded and enhanced as time goes on.
I havent been able to get the podcast to play as an mp3, any idea how u do it?

Have they only filmed the pilot, i thought this was the start of a series. :cry:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Have they only filmed the pilot, i thought this was the start of a series.
As of right now, from what I've been able to gather, the series has been greenlit and picked up for future installments in the Alien Boot Camp block. So this is the start of a series! However I don't know if more episodes have actually been completed yet. The pilot was made a while back (last year I think) but now things should finally be moving forward. So more episodes are coming, I just don't think we'll be seeing them tomorrow. It is likely that new installments could start appearing regularly in just a few weeks (however if they don't have the scripts for them done yet, the current writers' strike could cause things to take longer to get on the air).

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I havent been able to get the podcast to play as an mp3, any idea how u do it?
Ever since they updated Henson.com the on-site podcast is an fancy embedded media file and they no longer have a link or place to download an mp3 version of the podcast from the site (which is pretty annoying). The new audio player they have is skrewy and only it appears about 50% of the time for me (and on some computers it simply never loads, and I can't figure out way).

I found the best way to get the podcast and listen to it is via iTunes.

I really wish Henson would give us a direct-link to an mp3 (like they did before, and most "normal" podcasts do).

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Wait a minute! Amish can't have computers, you get off here right now! haha
Just kidding but seriously it's only a puppet show no reason to get all bent out of shape over a fictional character that some MAN wrote to be a certain way to stereo type typical MALE actions.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing sounds like snotty hollywood Kermit.
Very funny. Actually, the Amish may not have computers, but if I invited an Amish person over to my house. He would have no problems using my computer after I taught him how.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Okay, here we go again.

Religion has become a hot button issue in this thread. There are other threads on the board where religion can be discussed among those who wish to participate. This thread is about a new Henson production. A little OT discussion is going to be okay but let's try to stay on topic and let's all try to avoid topics we know are going to cause problems. No need to fan the embers and restart the fire.

What did everyone think of the human cast? Any stand outs (good or bad)?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... After initial problems with the subject matter in this thread, I was pretty much letting Jamie be the one who towed the line in terms of responsability, letting us know when something crossed the line. But since apparently that can't keep going on, I ask one of the other moderators to please close or delete the thread. Shame that conversation on a Henson production has led to this. Furthermore, anybody else starting a separate thread to continue the redderic aspoused here previously will be dealt with accordingly. Sorry it's come to this and I apologize to the long-standing members of the forum who have had to go through such a trying ordeal.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I vote no to thread closure.

:attitude: This thread should not be closed or deleted just because of the fire (and brimstone) bombers.

On a personal note: Muppet Central doesn't have a policy of closing threads because when any group continually harasses a minority. I never would have become a member, much less contributed so much time to all of the menus, smile icons, rebranding/logo design, numerous graphics and many other efforts without wanting anything in return. Man, I eagerly wanted to do so because MC was an inclusive place with members from around the world when I arrived here. It should remain so now.

Best route would be to boot the troublemakers out of the thread, if not the forum. No member should be given the platform to spew such rude and viral filibusters. :attitude: