If Family Guy referenced Muppet Babies...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think that somewhere random Peter would say, "man, this is even worse than the time when we were marketably cute baby versions of ourselves" Some odd scene where Peter and the characters all look like the Muppet babies pops up, and they make some joke about their new nanny.... you see a pair of stocking feet with red and white stripes, and you hear Herbert the Pervert's voice say, "No come on all over here, sos I can go and change them dirty dirty diapers... hmmmmmmmm!"

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Wow... I've got some good ones. ;-)

Also, I'd have all the characters voiced by their original voice actors (i.e. Frank Welker for Kermit and Skeeter, Russi Taylor for Gonzo, etc.), like when Seth used Frank for Freddy from Scooby-Doo or Larry Kenney for Lion-O (from Thundercats).

Another parody I came up with-- Stewie wins some stuffed Muppet toys at the fair, one being an adult version of Skeeter, to which Peter asks, "How come I haven't seen her on The Muppet Show? then it cuts to a scene where an adult version of Skeeter is seen being lost in the Amazon Jungle.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe Stewie could say "Go bye-bye" at the end of one epsidoe (preferably after the credits, but considering the fact that the closing credits are split-screen with advertisements on Fox, and when shown this way the ending logos are shown before the credits, it would probably be shown eithe rbefore or during the credits.... not as effective, unless it's shown on Adult Swim).

I haven't noticed that the show hasn't had any Muppet Babies references yet. I think any reference would be fine, just as long as they don't show Herbert making advances towards the Muppet Babies (it'd be alright if it was other characters in Muppet Babies form).

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
I think that somewhere random Peter would say, "man, this is even worse than the time when we were marketably cute baby versions of ourselves" Some odd scene where Peter and the characters all look like the Muppet babies pops up, and they make some joke about their new nanny.... you see a pair of stocking feet with red and white stripes, and you hear Herbert the Pervert's voice say, "No come on all over here, sos I can go and change them dirty dirty diapers... hmmmmmmmm!"
Lol, love that one too :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think it would be better if you could TELL Herbert was the nanny. Maybe his robe and pants or something would be the bottom instead of the socks.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow
Another parody I came up with-- Stewie wins some stuffed Muppet toys at the fair, one being an adult version of Skeeter, to which Peter asks, "How come I haven't seen her on The Muppet Show? then it cuts to a scene where an adult version of Skeeter is seen being lost in the Amazon Jungle.

That's too cutesy for them.
I'd say the Family Guy reference for her not being an adult would be pretty shocking, like they usually make things. Either something with her getting killed or this scene.

Skeeter: How many times am i gonna tell you I am not going to do that?
Kermit: Hey! If you want your job, you're gonna have to earn it.
Skeeter: That's sexual harassment.
Kermit: And this is the door!
Animal: Go Bye Bye!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Bahaha, Dr Tooth, your ideas were really good. I love Family Guy and that's pretty close to the vein of humour that they would do, fer shure!

muppet baby

Reaction score
I know we've been talking about references to other Muppet shows on Family Guy, and even making up some, but what if Family Guy decided to make references to the Muppet Babies (one of my favorite shows growing up)?

Here's three examples I came up with:

1.) When Lois asks Peter how he's going to handle baby-sitting some little kids, Peter says "Baby-sitting has never been a problem for me, Lois... except for that time I baby-sat the Muppet Babies." It then cuts to the intro for Muppet Babies, except, instead of Nanny asking "Is everything alright in here?", Peter asks it. :concern: then says "Hey! You're not Nanny!", then :embarrassed: says, "You're so big!", and :mad: says "And you're one fat S.O.B! (keepin' it family-friendly here!)" Kermit's a little shocked by what Piggy says (she then says she's sorry). Then we see Nanny walk into the room, and the babies all say "Hi, Nanny!", along with Peter. We then zoom-out from a close-up on Peter's face to reveal that Nanny's face looks like Oscar the Grouch! Peter runs out of the nursery in a panic, and Gonzo asks, "What's his problem?"

2.) Stewie watches Muppet Babies on TV (accompanied by an announcer saying "We now return to Muppet Babies."), to reveal that Piggy is more angry than usual, due to the other babies wanting to play with Skeeter instead of her, and she goes into a very long tirade (no dirty words), until Nanny throws her out of the nursery for good due to Piggy's REALLY bad temper, and the babies all scream "FREEDOM!" just like Mel Gibson's character in Braveheart.

3.) In a parody of Animal 's "Go Bye-Bye!" segment, Peter and the family sit down to eat cheesecake for dessert. Just when Lois is about to cut the first piece, the cake starts moving, and Peter yells, "Aaaaaaahhh! Oh god, the cake's alive!" and everyone runs out of the dining room screaming. It reveals that Animal is inside the cake and pops out head first, saying "Go bye-bye! Ah-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba!" accompanied by the same abridged version of the Muppet Babies theme tune used on the real show, and then we fade out.

What do you guys think? ;-) Maybe you can come up with other ideas, too! :-D

that is really funny wow i hope that they do something like that one day that would be really great .
Muppet Babies is my all time faverite cartoon really kekekeke

TattooedAnimal

Reaction score
That's too cutesy for them.
I'd say the Family Guy reference for her not being an adult would be pretty shocking, like they usually make things. Either something with her getting killed or this scene.

Skeeter: How many times am i gonna tell you I am not going to do that?
Kermit: Hey! If you want your job, you're gonna have to earn it.
Skeeter: That's sexual harassment.
Kermit: And this is the door!
Animal: Go Bye Bye!

Thats definetly something family guy would do. thats awesome:big_grin: