Mindstyle new DARK CRYSTAL collectibles?

kuzeh

Reaction score

JMPrater

Reaction score
Great!

Those are figurines worthy of the Henson trademark!

Laszlo

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics!
The color of that poor Landstrider looks way off... well I hope it's just the photo.
Also there is too much spikes on him. Jen seems to be ok, but I'll wait till some better photos arrive.
That Mystic isn't very accurate and he looks down... bad pose if you ask me.

Here is how Urac should look:
http://www.habidabad.com/images/urtih.7.jpg

tomahawk

Reaction score
They look ok until you realize they are rotocast, very light plastic and they wanted 80 and 150 dollars.

kuzeh

Reaction score
Well, seeing that they are a Designer Toy company, that would make sense, they're vinyl toys. That's why there might be some discrepancies with the movie versions, they take creative liberties for those.
I think the URAC looks more like a Brian Froud's conceptual drawing, what do you think Laszlo, you're the expert! :big_grin:

I found this though:

http://www.vinylpulse.com/2007/02/mindstyle_nycc.html#comments

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Muppet NewsFlash has some information about these figures. Also (from another company) the Labyrinth figure line is continuing with another David Bowie as Goblin King. This time donning his trademark disturbingly tight white pants. He he.

I think the Dark Crystal figures look great. They seem to be based more on the conceptual art/design for the film, but I don't see that as a bad thing. As long as I get me a Skeksis I'll be happy!

Also, I didn't know the price was going to be so high. Do we have confirmation on that? I won't part with more than $30 per piece for these things. That would be getting into collectible bust pricerange there. I know the editions will be limited, but I hope such prohibitive pricing won't be the case. I've waited for something like this to come out and very much want to support it. That and Fraggle figures (one day).:excited:

Laszlo

Reaction score
I think the URAC looks more like a Brian Froud's conceptual drawing, what do you think Laszlo, you're the expert! :big_grin:
Yes, actually you're right! I found out later those were based on the WORLD OF DC book. Kinda strange choice if you ask me...

Laszlo

Reaction score
The Muppet NewsFlash has some information about these figures. Also (from another company) the Labyrinth figure line is continuing with another David Bowie as Goblin King. This time donning his trademark disturbingly tight white pants. He he.
That new Jareth looks AWESOME ! Strange facial expression though...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'll probably get only one Jareth. Just don't know which one. There are still enough pegged in the shops I frequent so maybe I'll judge when they're side-by-side. Can't wait for the rest of these figures. Really can't. :flirt: :eek:

tomahawk

Reaction score

I think the Dark Crystal figures look great. They seem to be based more on the conceptual art/design for the film, but I don't see that as a bad thing. As long as I get me a Skeksis I'll be happy!

Also, I didn't know the price was going to be so high. Do we have confirmation on that? I won't part with more than $30 per piece for these things. That would be getting into collectible bust pricerange there. I know the editions will be limited, but I hope such prohibitive pricing won't be the case. I've waited for something like this to come out and very much want to support it. That and Fraggle figures (one day).:excited:

I was at SDCC. That is how much each were. 80 and 150 dollars. They look good, I just think the price is a bit much.