Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

mbmfrog

Reaction score
are they testing the waters so to speak no Elmo's World and running the street scen through out the whole show? Is this a sing of things to come or of things to past?

I sure hope so. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Can somebody explain something to me, please? Okay, what just happened? I mean, the other day, the Fix It Shop was repainted orange to match Hooper's Store, and now all of the sudden it's back to being green like it was last season. What's up with that?

Well, other than that, I guess you guys are happy to see today's episode played like the original format with street scenes split up through out the entire hour with other inserts as "commercials", eh?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Today's episode was quite enjoyable especially since there was no Elmo's World!

I was absolutely shocked. i could see them phase out any other segment... but Elmo's world? I'm not a 3 year old boy, but even I was confused. When the Moe's TAvern clock above my small TV showed 8:45, I was thinking... maybe it's going to be short. maybe they're shortening it. But it wasn't there. not that I'm complaining.... it was just weird to see it missing.

Another shock? they brought back street segments throughout the entire hour. Now NONE of us... NONE of us expected either of the two to actually happen, dispite various whining and complaining about both.

Indeed this season seems very experimental, trying to teeter between the loyal "old School" with kids of their own fan base and the loyal 3-4 year old kids that watch it. It's been years since we had a recurring segment throughout the hour... longer still since we had an episode with no EW.

That said, they seem actually confused of what to put on during the absense of said segment, and put quite a bunch of random fillers in it's place. Wouldn't you know? The one place where 2 letter of the day segments would work beautifully, and they goofed it with random films with Bobby mcFarrin doing vocals in them? Like anyone under the age of 25 knows who he is.

AS for the main segment. Someone's gonna hit me for this, but I LOVE the Telly? Baby Bear segments. They really were at the top of their hillarious game in this one, Telly confusing Motorcycle sounds with a heard of "Lactose intolerant Antellope that ate cottage cheese." And at least big Bird was actually IN this one (for 12 seconds). And considering he was only in one segment, this is the LEAST amount of Elmo I've seen in years.

A's Anatomy was hillarious. I hate the real show myself, and I just think it's an hour long, more angst ridden version of Scrubs (Oddly enough I think I spied Turk in the Get up, Get out segment). They even had a little self satire in the bit where the a was being a-a-a-a-annoying. Though I think they should have called him "McGrover."

Conan was also great. Former Simpsons writer turned talk show host comming on SS. HE really should do this more often.

And the Scram Moon was funny as well.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Looks at Snowthy fallen on the ground. *Looks back up at the arrow.
What happened arrow?

*SST reference.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I. Loved. This. Episode!

Oh my GOSH! It was FANTASTIC! Drtooth, I totally agree with you, Telly and Baby Bear were phenominal, if they're going to keep being that funny, I want THEM in every episode! It was SO awesome to see Luis too! He's always been one of my favorite humans. And Chris is totally growing on me, he's really... cool. Abby was great as well. As always.

And the Street segment extended throughout the episode! How AWESOME! I never understood why they changed the format. It works SO much better like this. And "A's Anatomy" is quite possibly the BEST parody they've done in ages. Mostly because Grover was in it. :stick_out_tongue: GREAT to see Big Bird! I personally loved his brief appearance, it was very funny. And I know it's old, but the Elmo/Robert DeNiro segment is one of my all-time celebrity/Muppet moments.

AND NO ELMO'S WORLD? ! I don't get it! Why? Why did they take it off? I'm not really complaining, I just... don't understand! Anyway, a fantasticabulous (TM) episode today! I hope they continue with this trend!

CookieCountDawn

Reaction score
Can somebody explain something to me, please? Okay, what just happened? I mean, the other day, the Fix It Shop was repainted orange to match Hooper's Store, and now all of the sudden it's back to being green like it was last season. What's up with that?
Maybe 4137 was filmed before they repainted the Fix It Shop and 4135 was filmed after they modified the Fix it Shop and they rearranged the episodes in different order like how they did with Gina adopting Marco and Abby Cadabby being introduced from last season.
In 4135, the street story had the Fix It Shop orange but then later on in the RSI parody, it was seen to be green.

wiley207

Reaction score
I loved today's episode! They must be slowly returning to the old format and will only show "Elmo's World" at random. But I loved seeing the "Beginning, Middle and End" sketch! It must've been the only pre-1992 segment to be shown this season so far. But there probably will be more as this season goes on. I also loved the Grover skit, and it was also cool to see Herry Monster on the show again (even though it was a rerun of a 1990s skit). So maybe he might make a comeback in a newer skit or street scene. :smile:

UFOfirefly

Reaction score
Sesame Street theme

What do you guys think of the new music used for the theme song? I was amazed to hear it sound so differently today --- wow! :eek:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Today's episode was quite enjoyable especially since there was no Elmo's World!
So, that was the second surprise the Count was talking about. I thought we weren't supposed to mention that. I actually didn't notice because I usually turn off the show at about twenty of nine, because that's when it usually comes on and I never really got into EW. No offense to anyone here who might be a fan of that segment. I did see part of the Herry and Zoe scene. Good to see Jerry's still performing him every once in a while.

I liked today's episode. They seperated the street story in like 3 parts.
Hmmmmm. I counted four or five parts there. Hopefully they'll keep doing the street story that way. Anyway, we got Big Bird and Grover today. We've also seen quite a bit of Cookie Monster, the Count and Oscar. Now, all that are missing so far are Bert and Ernie. Hopefully, they'll have some sketches with them this season.