Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah I have seen the backpack, before! I actually like that one myself! Was surprised to see "Bob The Builder" on in SS's time slot last Friday! But happy to know that reason for this was because of the local pledge drive and happy to see it back on toady even though the time is a little off because the drive is still going, understandably.:super:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Was very surprised to see Bob The Builder on for a second Friday in a row in Sesame Street's time slot. This is becoming concerning. I mean what's next? It's only on for three days a week or something? *Parish the thought!*:eek:

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I have not read through all the posts as there are so many of them (maybe some other time I will) but now I think it's time for me to offer my two cents.
Three weeks ago, the new season of Sesame Street finally started airing in my country and I think it's the best season they have done for quite a long time.
I'm not sure how I feel about ABC1 showing the programme in half hours, mind you. On one hand, the way the edits of 4136 were made made sure Elmo did not appear (good news for Elmo haters!) On the other, I found out at Muppet Wiki that even the i hour versions of two shows did not have Elmo's World. So it seems to me that the show is toning it down with Elmo.
I'm also upset that we in Australia missed out on American I when 4142 got shown here. As a fan of the Idol franchise, I would have loved to have seen this parody. I imagne that Oscar The Grouch could give Simon Cowell (and in Australia, Ian Dickson) a run for their money!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Was very surprised to see Bob The Builder on for a second Friday in a row in Sesame Street's time slot. This is becoming concerning. I mean what's next? It's only on for three days a week or something? *Parish the thought!*:eek:
Let's not assume such a thing because of that.

Meanwhile what you can do is email the station and ask why SS isn't being shown on Fridays.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thanks! I was just being concerned about the show that is dear to me and so many other's here future. That's all.:smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just wanted to confirm this for sure, are the puppets on Sesame Street still referred to as "Sesame Street Muppets?" Thanks!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Can't answer that one and now I have to think about it.

But Whew! Glad to see Good O'l SS back on 5 day's a week again! I guess the other Bob (The Builder) was not working. *Relieved!*

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hmm, yesterday I saw the singer Chris Brown magically disappear! It was a cute appearance. Was it a new one?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... To answer your question Mrs. P... Yes, the bit with Chris Brown was new, it was part of Season 38's Word of the Day segments. You can find it as part of Episode 4142, where the word of the day is "disappear". Hope this helps. :search:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'd like to share my thoughts on this season.

I thought this season was one of the best ones after the format change. Many of the plots were very nicly done and funny. Plus, since the season didn't a manditory structured feel, the segment format was more loose and they were able to use more segments. And one I've hated about the past few seasons were the large number of correspoding Muppet bits; this season, however broke this rule and had other segments in between.

I've also loved the format change to the street story being spread thoughout the show. It felt more like classic SS.

As for segments, the new ones were great, like The Great Grover, Abby's word song, the parodies and the new Muupet/kid moments. They aslo reused some older ones from the late-80s to throughout the nineties. Some of those brought back many memories. However, some of the new segments had a lot to be desired, like most the Word of the Day moments, those hip-hop number songs and the Muppet food rappping.

All in all, I'd say this season was a vast improvement and I can't wait for the next one!