An Update from Snowth (and a Public Opinion Needed)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Then once you got all your new protection stuff you won't have to do it again.
Yeah, well guess what? On my old computer, I heard that same thing after the three times it had to be completely reformatted.
Luke said:
Realistically your MC or other general site passwords arent what you need to worry about - its credit card details and ISP logins, paypal or bank logins. Anything like that, change em quick from another PC.
Well, that's a load off my mind, as I don't have a credit card, and my mom doesn't trust paypal, we do all of our bank business at the actual banks, and people have already passed out my IP address like it's a hot girl's phone number.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Yeah the two options seem to be

A) Switch to Firefox (which I personally have and love but I understand some people fear different)
B) Reformat...which is ALWAYS a good idea. I need to reformat mine, but I just can't bring myself to it.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah, well guess what? On my old computer, I heard that same thing after the three times it had to be completely reformatted.
Yeah but with no firewall i'm not suprised - it's like having a party in your computer and everyone's invited! Remember "Happy Muppet Fans Get Firewalls", lol!

It is good to reformat every year or so though even if nothing is wrong, systems get so clogged up, slow etc. Anyway i'm glad we raised this topic from its initial frosty start and i retract my Gobot comment ... :halo:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes... the more I think about it... I WANNA FIREWALL SO BADLY! ! !

I heard that Panda anti-virus software has a firewall on it, does Kaspersky?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I had to get used to Fire fox myself. Still getting used to it.

Pork

Reaction score
I didn't find it hard to get used to firefox, I like it better than internet explorer.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well I do not because it actually works. But it's just thins stupid computer that always giving me trouble.:stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hi gang, are we having fun yet?

Well, Circuit City was having free PC checks this weekend, so I took my laptop down to have it checked. I'm happy to say there's no SERIOUS problems with my laptop, but there are some LITTLE problems...

1. My Windows XP is out-dated, and I need to upgrade to Service Pack 2 (but I can't since I can't backup my system, thus losing valuable programs that are a hassal to install and/or get ahold of).
2. A few programs I have are out-dated and need updating.
3. As mentioned before, I need an Anti-Spyware program and Firewall installed.
4. Some Malware was found in my Temporary Internet Files, so I can just clear that out.

So, that's all I have to report now!

Skye

Reaction score
I'm really glad there aren't any serious problems, Snowthy! It's great that it seems fairly easy to fix most of the problems there are, though... and here's some more luck with finding a good Anti-Spyware and Firewall for your computer!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hope you can get everything straitened out Snowth. And about if I'm have fun or not yet, don't ask.:stick_out_tongue: