What's up with Zoot's price lately?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Hey karamazov80,

I tried a seach on Ebay for Palisades Zoot, hoping to help you and I only found the Red Shirt one. I see what you mean, :eek: . I never seen him go that high before, I'm a bit surpised, but not totally. Plus it had 11 bids so people are starting to really want him.

Dang I was about to try to get a red shirt one of Zoot too. Oh well just have to keep trying, :cool: .

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I'm starting to believe that these sellers have other acounts or friends jacking up the prices for them.
I'd just get them at conventions but of course no one has muppet show figures at conventions anymore.

karamazov80

Reaction score
I considered shill bidding as well, but it has happened more than once with more than one seller, so I'm not sure. Though, it could be that the second figure going really high was an unexpected after effect of the first shill bid that artificially inflated the "market" price in the eyes of bidders. . .

Also, as an update, I have a pending trade for a loose Zoot now, where I am, unfortunately, giving up my unopened Henson figure. So, the wacky Zoot prices shouldn't affect me at this point. I still don't get it, though. Its like a kind of self-inflicted price gouging by bidders, which seems to defy any economic logic that I have heard about.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Yeah I usually wait till the last day and bid I just watch more often than not.
It took me forever to get sam and marvin as well.

karamazov80

Reaction score
Yeah I usually wait till the last day and bid I just watch more often than not.
It took me forever to get sam and marvin as well.
Ol' Sam is one of my next priorities (my name is Sam, too, so I have always had a special affection for him). I've noticed that he typically goes for a pretty penny, but based on the pics I've seen, I would say that he's worth it. I also love me some Muppephones. That sketch is so sick and violent and hilarious all at once.

unclematt

Reaction score
Wow, I didnt realize that thesr were so sought after. I feel very lucky to have snatched them up when I did. Especially my Henson.

PMK

Reaction score
I just wanted to chime in since the current auction in question is actually mine. I do not utilize shill bidding. None of the bidders are friends of mine. I actually had a deal to sell Zoot a few weeks back for $100 but the buyer did not follow through. I saw the last auction end at over $300 and felt there was no better time to throw mine up and see what he would fetch. I am very glad I decided to keep all the variant figures MOC and open the regulars.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I know not everyone does that PMK but many many people on ebay do.
I know some day I'll have the last 3 muppet figures I need.