Why Does Kevin Clash ave so little regualr muppet charcters?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I would love to see Leon again! I also wish to see more of Clifford (with his shades).
yeah I quite enjoyed Jim Henson hour clifford when he was like the to cool for the other muppets muppet and then they turned him into a kermit type when muppets tonight came around.
Jim really knew what he was doing...perhaps they should try having Kevin be in charge of the muppets for awhile I bet he'd do an amazing job.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah it would be cool to see more of Leon, he was pretty cool. :smile:

"Yeah now let's get our tails outta hear!" lol

And I still remember the first time I saw Clifford, in the Ted Dansen episode of JHH, classic!

It would be interesting to see what Kevin would do with the Muppets. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This also shows how busy he'll continue to be...

SESAME WORKSHOP PROMOTES EMMY WINNER KEVIN CLASH TO SENIOR CREATIVE ADVISOR
Kevin Clash, the Muppeteer behind the world’s most high-spirited and beloved three-and-a-half-year old character, has agreed to expand his role, accepting an appointment to Senior Creative Advisor for Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street. In this capacity, Clash will provide his expertise and broad range of creative talent to many of the Workshop’s projects, including domestic and international productions of Sesame Street and outreach projects on multiple media platforms. In addition, he will work to nurture ideas for new properties and foster broader distribution for all projects, while continuing his responsibilities as Muppet Captain for the Sesame Street production team and performing as Elmo. Clash will report to Gary E. Knell, Sesame Workshop’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
“Over 20 years ago, Kevin single-handedly created a phenomenon: a wonderful, enthusiastic, furry red Monster named Elmo who would later travel anywhere and everywhere to bring joy and important life lessons to children and their caregivers,” said Knell. “The Workshop is indeed privileged to have Kevin’s ongoing commitment to our programs, and most importantly our cause, creating media to help children the world over smile, blossom and grow.”
Well i think all this is real good i think that what they need to do is give Elmo is own 30 min show. Maybe with Kevin at a higher possion maybe that can happen.

Brooklyn

Reaction score
now that I re-read the release, this line does seem a bit un-henson:

Kevin single-handedly created a phenomenon

As no one, including Frank Oz, would ever take sole credit for ANYTHING. Usually, folks get to review this before it goes out, wonder if he did....

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well yeah but you can't really control what PR puts out. ::shrugs::

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was thinking about this last night. Kevin Clash is an amazing performer. I was watching him on Youtube during an interview and his improve was hilarious. I was actually laughing big time while watching Elmo. Sadly, Kevin is more than just Elmo. He's highly involved in Sesame Street and teaches workshops and such as well. I'd love to see him come back to the Muppet Show Muppets, but not to take over Sam and Animal. I love the idea of Eric taking all of Frank's characters, especially since he's good at it. I want Kevin to bring back the original Clifford and Leon and more. Heck, I'd even like to see Elmo more. Elmo can be a very funny character for adults when not restricted to Sesame Street.
Exactly. i got to loving the character in TV apperacnes outside of SS, especially in Hollywood squares where he "learned a new word."

I'm glad that he sometimes performs other characters in SS from time to time. This season he was the grand High Triangle lover.

But it is a shame that he's just so busy with Elmo, since he has done a lot of great characters that are all unique. He can be Hoots the Owl, Clifford, Elliot Shag (my personal favorite), Baby Sinclair and Elmo. Now that actor has RANGE.

Brooklyn

Reaction score
Well yeah but you can't really control what PR puts out. ::shrugs::
sarcasm? not sure, if it is sorry for the following...I work in PR for a film studio and actually you can...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh I see, I'm sorry no offence intended. I just meant I didn't think individual artists controlled things like press releases.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
From what I've heard, Kevin is really busy performing on Sesame Street these days. In the Muppet Wizard of Oz, Clifford was performed by another Muppeteer while Kevin only dubbed Clifford's voice.
He also dubbed Sam's in AVMMCM, too. I guess he most likely hasn't had the time to really develope any new muppet characters.