Muppets Arrive At UK McDonalds !

Luke

Reaction score
Hi Guys

'The Muppets' arrived today at McDonalds in the UK and it's all pretty fantastic - i ditched working for a late breakfast/dinner (which will probably last till around supper) and went along to find out about it all.

This week's toys are Kermit & The Swedish Chef. Others available will be Fozzie, Piggy, Rowlf, Animal, Gonzo & Beaker. I've seen all the plushes up close and the quality is kinda medium good - Piggy is ugly and Kermit is weird, the Chef lacks any expression but Rowlf, Gonzo, Fozzie and Animal are VERY good likenesses.

The happy meals come in 'Muppet Show 25 Years' boxes(not bags as had been thought) and the cover art is really well done. Some links to scans will follow this post - it shows all the characters in cartoon form.

There are two posters in store. One is the old 'Coming Soon' (on the back of the old Beauty & Beast poster) one that will now be moved from the front of the store to be displayed behind the service desk, and there is a new one that has Muppets on both sides and is displayed in the store windows. This is the better one as it's similar in style to the box art.

Best of all is the little display counter thing that sits beside the service desk and shows a display of all the toys in the series. It's actually a cardboard version of the Muppet Show arches with six of the Muppet toys sitting in an arch each and the other two sitting either side at the front. It really looks fantastic all made up - you could probably display the action figures in there.

The actual Muppet toys come bagged and you also get a photo of all the toys with a game on the back where you have to find Miss Piggy in a maze ! (shouldn't be too hard then .....)

The promotion goes on for four weeks - two a week !

If you need me, i'll be in McDonalds ! Over and out !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

You got here before me !

Yup the first are Kermit and the Swedish Chef, and you can buy em for 99p each.
So you dont have to eat it - LOL

The plushes looks really nice, Ofcrouse you are going to get some with bad eyes etc, But all in all they are good!

Im really pleased with the way Rowlf looks, I didnt think his mouth would go in.
I thought it would just be black material over his face.

I cant wait to get the Display unit, And there is a great poster with the curtians and all the Muppets peeking from behind it.

There are four different boxes, One each week !
So make sure you keep your eyes open.

I asked for one of the flat boxes, And they gladly gave me one.

OIn the actual boxes that has all the toys in they have a drawing on the side of the Muppet that is in them.

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I forgot to say there is a Commercial too !

I caught it on tape earlier, Its Kermit on an empty stage with a bucket and a ladder behind him and a brick wall (much like The Muppet Show stage empty) there are curtains either side of the stage.

Kermit runs out calling Fozzie and Gonzo and then looks around, runs off screen, a tumbleweed goes across the stage.

Then the curtain closes and opens to reveal all the Muppet toys on stage.

Its a great commercial, And it has the REAL Kermit with the REAL Steve - LOL

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Luke,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Yup the first are Kermit and the Swedish Chef, and you can buy em for 99p each.
So you dont have to eat it - LOL
Nah all the fun is in the eating - the Swedish Chef tasted particularly fluffy ...... oh you mean the hamburgers right ? Yeah, it's handy that i could buy them and not have to risk death twice a week eating there. :big_grin:

I didn't know about there being a different box each week - that's pretty cool.

It's pretty embarrassing walking into a McDonalds near me though - i think i went to school with half the staff. Usually i sneer and laugh at their low paid jobs but now i wish i'd failed a few more exams and would be truly able to bask in Muppety glory ! :rolleyes:

Gonzo

Reaction score
*radiating waves of jealousy*

Very cool guys--and thanks for the box scans--glad to see they're being promoted so heavily there...and especially in the very competitive time just before Christmas....

NICE.

Quinnnnnn

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Luke + Warrick

I got the toy's too :big_grin: , Chef look's pretty good so far.

I'm surprised they came in boxes :wink:

Any way now you can see The Muppets at the Mcdonalds Website now............. Must see now :wink:

Later
MuppetDanny

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cool Stuff!

I'm so jealous of you guys! The site was pretty interesting too. They were pretty harsh in their description of Miss Piggy though. LOL! "She can't sing, dance or act." Well, they haven't seen The Great Muppet Caper. She doesn't need a lousy duck pond! :big_grin:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Has any tried the on-line Muppet games ?

MuppetDanny

mattyboy

Reaction score
Is it true that u can buy them without the happy meal? Also can u get all of them at once or do u have 2 wait every week 4 another 2 plushes 2 come out? This is gonna b a gr8 christmas, yey!!!!!