Which Sesame CD's are out of production?

Larxene

Reaction score
As I near the end of my Sesame Record collecting, I'm going to go into getting the CDs and it would help to know which ones are no longer being made or are hard to find. Can anyone help?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know if any have been out of print for a while, and if they were, they could be rereleased under the Genius lable.

Personally, any CD besides Platnum (one or two), the Best of Elmo, Kid's favorite songs, and Songs from the Street, are tricky to find. I remember I had to special order Born to Add.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Most of them are difficult to find, unless you go to places like Ebay or Amazon. And the greatest hits CDs that are out mostly feature Elmo, heh.

Larxene

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be clearing out FYE then - they had a large variety and if the non-Elmo ones are HTF then I better grab them before they go poof!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be clearing out FYE then - they had a large variety and if the non-Elmo ones are HTF then I better grab them before they go poof!

It seems that it isn't the fault of SW on this one, but the stores. They only really sell the ones they think will sell... and right next to them are a million BRatz and Barney CD's that never sell....

I went to Barnes and Nobel and saw an impressive selection of SS disks, including the Best ofs of the Count, Cookie Monster, and Oscar.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It does depend on what store you happen to walk into. I was looking through one random Barnes and Noble and to my amazement they had the soundtrack to Follow That Bird! I personally hadn't seen it in any other store and didn't even realize it was available.

I also found 1978 Sesame Street audio cassette tape at my library's store, I was very happy about that! (And I hope it works, I haven't been able to listen yet hehe). So you just have to keep an eye out and research the various odd places that might carry such things.

Larxene

Reaction score
It likely does matter. Some stores don't carry kids music at all! But I think that has more to do with the decline of children's entertainment than anything else :frown:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Personally, any CD besides Platnum (one or two), the Best of Elmo, Kid's favorite songs, and Songs from the Street, are tricky to find. I remember I had to special order Born to Add.
With the exception of Songs from the Street, those albums ar ethe ones that I most commonly see in stores these days. I have also seen Hot! Hot! Hot! Dance Songs in a few different stores a few years ago. Back in 2004, there were two new Sesame Street CD releases, A Celbration of Me, Grover! and Happy Birthday from Sesame Street, and I've only seen those in a few stores on a few occassions.

It seems like in the last few years it has also been harder to find certain Sesame Street DVDs. Back in 2004 it was easy to find most of the DVDs that were available, though many stores only sold certain Sesame Street DVDs, and now it seems like more and more are becomming harder to find, even in stores that sell big selections of Sesame Street DVDs, like Toys R Us. A few years ago, Wal-Mart sold a lot of Sesame Street DVDs, but now it seems like Wal-Mart only sells a select few, and mostly recent DVDs.

I wonder if any of the DVDs are out of print, or if they are just too hard to find. I could see if Genius wanted to get older ones sold and then rerelease the older DVDs, but I believe that it started to get harder to find certain DVDs before Genius got the DVD rights to Sesame Street.

Larxene

Reaction score
I had to buy the Grover CD off ebay, I didn't even know it existed (and I'm a HUGE Grover fan). The Happy Birthday CD was at FYE. Kinda disappointed it's missing a track that was on the LP.

Our WalMart carries NO Sesame Street, how sad is that?