I'd make a HORRIBLE mother!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Just from your statements I'm sure you'd make a wonderful mother. Appropriately worried. And as there is now a vaccine for chicken pox, it's on it's way to being irradicated here in the US. Too bad she was too little for the vaccine and still got it.

Now this statement though, there's just a little misunderstanding with:

You have to get the chicken pox before you can have shingles. Shingles occurs in adults who did have chicken pox and the virus (varicella zoster) "hibernates" on the nerve endings. When it acts up as shingles it is appearing on the end of the nerves and that is why it is so painful.

Adults who have not had chicken pox and become exposed to someone with shingles have the chance of then getting chicken pox.

It is said that chicken pox is worse for adults than children but I am uncertain of the truth to that statement.
Thanks for saying I'd make a wonderful mother,Melissa.I'd just be a paranoid one.(but rightfully so.:wink: )
Sorry about the mistake about the shingles.All I remember (and this was a long time ago.) is my cousin got chicken pox.Then my grandfather wound up getting shingles from being around her. (Don't know if he ever had chicken pox though.)

Katzi428

Reaction score
all my best to you, your sister-in-law, and your baby niece, kathy! i had the chickenpox when i was about 4 (and then gave it to my brother who was then about 18 months old) and it was definitely not fun but at least your niece will probably not remember it later on in her life. have they tried Aveeno oatmeal baths? i vaguely remember having those when i had the chicken pox and i'm not sure if they helped but it sounds like it could.
Thanks Dana!(and btw,w/b!:wink: ) I'm sure they'll try the Aveeno baths. I remember when both my younger brother & sister got the chicken pox.My mom had them take Aveeno baths.

I seriously think I'm immune. I was shot so full of antibiotics and immunizations as a kid that I never got anything like chicken pox, mumps, measles..etc.

But I've heard if I get chicken pox now, I'm in for a real bad time!
Good luck Larxene!

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome-back, kathy, and keep us posted on how she's doing!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
As long as her mum cuts her nails really short , I don't think she'll get too many scars. She's young so hopefully her skin will bounce back. :smile: But I'm sure she will get through just fine even though she's so young. Sending positive thoughts your way!

Katzi428

Reaction score
As long as her mum cuts her nails really short , I don't think she'll get too many scars. She's young so hopefully her skin will bounce back. :smile: But I'm sure she will get through just fine even though she's so young. Sending positive thoughts your way!
Thanks Mrs.P. Like someone said before,at least she's still too young to really be scratching at herself.But she'll probably get little socks put on her hands anyway.

have a great cruise, kathy!
Thanks Dana.This'll be my 4th one.:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I hope you have a really fun cruise Kathy. I'm thinking and praying for you and the little girl. :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
My sister in law sent pictures of the baby last night. She doesn't look as bad as I thought she would,but you can tell that there are pox marks on her face. I talked to my brother this morning & he said the baby's getting a little better.:smile:

Skye

Reaction score
Yay! I'm so glad to hear that she's starting to get better, Kathy. :smile: *sending more happy and positive thoughts your way for her (and you!) to feel much better soon*