I'd make a HORRIBLE mother!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah...I'm a general worrywart. I know chicken pox isn't too serious.But with every pox mark I'd be like "Oh my God! You poor thing!":eek:
Oh believe me, I totally understand! It's such a painful affliction, even if not serious. And when it's someone you care about and so young and innocent. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I feel like you can never worry too much about Simone you really love and care about. So i think you worry just the right amount.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe it is a good sign that I worry about the baby so much
I think so; now if you were to say you didn't give a care whether or not she's okay... THEN I'd have to agree about the horrible mother part. But you're better than that Kath, you care a great deal, so you'd make a wonderful mother!

Larxene

Reaction score
You know, I've never even had chicken pox! My little sister got it while I was away visiting friends so I totally missed out on that whole experience too.

As for being a terrible mother, I have to laugh, when people say that to me I take it as a compliment! But as for you? Nah, being a worrywort doesn't make one a bad parent.

Skye

Reaction score
I think it's so sweet that you're so worried about her, Kathy! And I definitely agree with everyone here... you worrying about her so much just shows how much you care and how much you love her. That in itself would make you such a wonderful mother! :smile: And I really hope she gets rid of those stubborn pox very soon!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Oh believe me, I totally understand! It's such a painful affliction, even if not serious. And when it's someone you care about and so young and innocent. :smile:
You're 100% right!

Katzi428

Reaction score
I feel like you can never worry too much about Simone you really love and care about. So i think you worry just the right amount.
Thanks William.:smile:

I think so; now if you were to say you didn't give a care whether or not she's okay... THEN I'd have to agree about the horrible mother part. But you're better than that Kath, you care a great deal, so you'd make a wonderful mother!
Thanks Snowthy.

You know, I've never even had chicken pox! My little sister got it while I was away visiting friends so I totally missed out on that whole experience too.

As for being a terrible mother, I have to laugh, when people say that to me I take it as a compliment! But as for you? Nah, being a worrywort doesn't make one a bad parent.
You're lucky you never had the chicken pox Larxene! But be careful...when you're around someone that does have them & you haven't,you might get something called shingles(not the wood on the house type) It's more dangerous than chicken pox. And thanks for saying being a worrywart doesn't make me a bad parent.

I think it's so sweet that you're so worried about her, Kathy! And I definitely agree with everyone here... you worrying about her so much just shows how much you care and how much you love her. That in itself would make you such a wonderful mother! :smile: And I really hope she gets rid of those stubborn pox very soon!
Thanks Caroline.I'm sure in that 6 1/2 month old mind of hers,she's wondering "Why are Mommy and Daddy putting socks on my hands?" (to prevent her from itching)

Java

Reaction score
Just from your statements I'm sure you'd make a wonderful mother. Appropriately worried. And as there is now a vaccine for chicken pox, it's on it's way to being irradicated here in the US. Too bad she was too little for the vaccine and still got it.

Now this statement though, there's just a little misunderstanding with:

You're lucky you never had the chicken pox Larxene! But be careful...when you're around someone that does have them & you haven't,you might get something called shingles(not the wood on the house type) It's more dangerous than chicken pox. And thanks for saying being a worrywart doesn't make me a bad parent.
You have to get the chicken pox before you can have shingles. Shingles occurs in adults who did have chicken pox and the virus (varicella zoster) "hibernates" on the nerve endings. When it acts up as shingles it is appearing on the end of the nerves and that is why it is so painful.

Adults who have not had chicken pox and become exposed to someone with shingles have the chance of then getting chicken pox.

It is said that chicken pox is worse for adults than children but I am uncertain of the truth to that statement.

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
all my best to you, your sister-in-law, and your baby niece, kathy! i had the chickenpox when i was about 4 (and then gave it to my brother who was then about 18 months old) and it was definitely not fun but at least your niece will probably not remember it later on in her life. have they tried Aveeno oatmeal baths? i vaguely remember having those when i had the chicken pox and i'm not sure if they helped but it sounds like it could.

Larxene

Reaction score
I seriously think I'm immune. I was shot so full of antibiotics and immunizations as a kid that I never got anything like chicken pox, mumps, measles..etc.

But I've heard if I get chicken pox now, I'm in for a real bad time!