Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There really isnt that much wrong with Gonzo at all! It just comes down to nose texture and color(which varries on the original anyway) and the color of his suit, which isnt that much of an issue.The current real Gonzo's fur is almost black, which I dont like and his nose is pinkish(skin color).
The nose lip shape (among a few other things) is also notably incorrect in the prototype photo. Far too much upper jaw. Terry's was perfect and the images on MR's site are notorious for being poor representations of brilliant work so nobody really knows at this point. I'm so anxious to see how the little guy turned out when I eventually get one! :concern:

Finally put down the money for my Animal! He'll be coming in a week or so. Happy me! :halo:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Finally put down the money for my Animal! He'll be coming in a week or so. Happy me! :halo:

well good for you jamie! :smile: You'll love him. I know I love my kermie and my animal replicas! and yes!........ I'm STILL gonna buy me a Gonzo. :smirk:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
well good for you jamie! :smile: You'll love him. I know I love my kermie and my animal replicas! and yes!........ I'm STILL gonna buy me a Gonzo. :smirk:
It's shipped! I'll be getting him soon. Fingers crossed. It's coming UPS and they have had a terrible track record with me about 95% of the time over the past 15 years. They're by far the worst courier. I wish it had been sent regular post office or DHL like my Kermit was, but no bother. Just get worried about my Animal. He he. I'll likely contact the vendor upon receiving the replica and comment that I would only continue to use them under an alternate shipping method.

Nonetheless, he's coming. Hope he makes it! :halo:

doc hopper

Reaction score
Gonzo's the first one I'm not going to preorder. I have some faith in MR but just not enough on this one to preorder him. Once I see the final product with photos from those of you who purchased him, I'll make the decision.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Gonzo's the first one I'm not going to preorder. I have some faith in MR but just not enough on this one to preorder him. Once I see the final product with photos from those of you who purchased him, I'll make the decision.
I'm with you on this one, doc. From the rumblings around here, a lot of people who preordered the other two are not preordering Gonzo, so I'm not worried about him selling out early.

I also have some faith in Master Replicas, but the complete lack of updated information on nose solutions has me worried that they may not have found a better way to make him than with the sock nose we've all seen. I'd like to be wrong on that, but that's why I've chosen to wait.

If Fozzie looks anything like the ones that Terry made, I'll preorder him the second they put it up!

:stick_out_tongue:

Luke

Reaction score
I also have some faith in Master Replicas, but the complete lack of updated information on nose solutions has me worried that they may not have found a better way to make him than with the sock nose we've all seen. I'd like to be wrong on that, but that's why I've chosen to wait.
I can't say with any degree of officiality as they haven't announced anything publicly, but there are a few collectors who have been told when speaking to their people in person that the sock nose is the final solution and was as far back as last Summer. I think there was a big thing over the nose and they know people aren't happy with it but apparently other solutions aren't feasible.

... and yeah, if Fozzie looks anything like the proto, i'm already sold. I really wish they would have brought him forward as i think they would get a lot of new people into the line with that.

goodrastus

Reaction score
Fozzie is a signed and sealed purchase as far as I'm concerned but I will definitely be waiting to see what Gonzo looks like first. And if it's true about the sock nose then I will definitely be waiting for photos to be displayed before I even consider it. It takes a lot of saving and if I'm only half-hearted about the product then I will hold onto my hard-earned cash for something else. A little communication would make the world of difference and it's probably the only thing that keeps MR back from an outstanding reputation. BUt so far so good - in fact excellent!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I don't mean to beat a dead chicken here, but if the sock nose is the final solution, then I definitely won't be buying Gonzo.

I saw it in person at Comic-Con and it just doesn't look right at all. Not only does it look like netting, but it has visible seams in it that stick out.

The odd thing is that at Comic-Con, Travis said that this was Disney's orders to do it this way, but that later in the Con, when the Disney reps came to the booth and saw it, they didn't like it, either. So, I wonder what changed between then and now, if they are indeed going with the dreaded sock nose.

:stick_out_tongue:

Ignohippo

Reaction score
If it's true about the sock nose, then why the delay? Gonzo was supposed to be ready months ago but it was his nose that was holding things up. If they were still going with the dreaded sock nose, then he would've come out months ago.

I have to say though, the lack of word and new pics from MR has me really concerned and frustrated. I have him pre-ordered but I am getting closer and closer to canceling every day.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
Has anyone got the proto pictures of fozzie and the ones from Terry?

Thank you

Leanne

Status
Not open for further replies.