Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I seem to remember someone (I believe it was Travis) saying that the color of his suit was the color Disney had given them and that it wouldn't be changing.

But, Travis also said that Animal's pants wouldn't be pleather and would be changed to a material but we all know that didn't happen.

What's up with Gonzo's eyes? From the eyeball shape to the pupils, they look really weird to me. And what's up with the fuzz under his eyes? Man, he's got a lot of issues.
All I can tell you is what Travis told me at the Con, and that was that both his fur and suit were the wrong colors on the proto and that they would be changed. If there's newer information than that, I haven't heard it. And we haven't seen pictures of a newer proto than the one they had at Comic-Con. That's why I'm concerned that the things that were supposed to change haven't changed. It's already been six months since the Con.

And I assume that the fuzz under his eyes is covering a gaping hole between his eyes and nose. But I could live with that. It's the sock nose that's still the biggest problem.

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Well none of us will know until that day comes when he is actually shipping in peoples homes or be seen on the net. Like they say, curiosity killed the cat. None of us are going to know anything and that is that! Doesn't this go for most other lines as well? My thing is, I am not going to fret over it, I am just going to wait and see. I am not afraid of how it's going to turn out. however it turns out is the way it is.....with or without all this speculation. It is amazing how one nose just turns everything around like....the photo puppets are coming to an end, the sales are going to go bad
( Maybe to only hardcore Muppets eyes, but the public....who knows, do you?), it's just going to be the most horrible thing in the world etc. Calm down and wait, and see. We only got a few more months. It amazes me how we all did this when Animal came out, and here we are again with Gonzo. :concern:

Luke

Reaction score
Well none of us will know until that day comes when he is actually shipping in peoples homes or be seen on the net. Like they say, curiosity killed the cat. None of us are going to know anything and that is that! Doesn't this go for most other lines as well?
It goes for some other lines to a degree, but never really to this extent. By the time you part with money on other things you usually know what you will recieve. I mean the nose is a pretty major design problem thats totally affecting the overall likeness, the jackets completely the wrong color, other features need correcting. There is no communication coming from the company and according to reports some reps say things will change and some say thats it. You'd either have to have blind faith in them, not mind too much if it did turn out like the current proto or just be a total idiot to put down $300 in advance for something you haven't even seen.

I think the majority of people here are doing the smart thing and waiting to see the finished product before parting with cash. There is absolutely no way in the world this or any other Muppet replica will sell out at pre-order so there is no point in doing that. The more the company sees people holding back for results or communication the more incentive there is for them to address their concerns. I am wondering if Greg the Muppet Newsflash newshound could get more than a "we're working at it" out of them.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
The more the company sees people holding back for results or communication the more incentive there is for them to address their concerns. I am wondering if Greg the Muppet Newsflash newshound could get more than a "we're working at it" out of them.

I am also wondering is this new guy at MR named Tom wouild know anymore than what Amy did. I am going to try and get the scoop when I get the chance to talk to him.

Bear Man

Reaction score
MuppetCaper, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to want to know what they will receive should they decide to purchase something, nor is it unreasonable for them to voice concerns about how a product they care about will turn out.

Gonzo has been up for pre-order for quite some time, and Master Replicas has known that questions over what the finished product will look like for quite some time as well. If it's due to look exactly like what is on the website, then fine (well, not fine, I won't be buying it, but that's not my point). But at least answer the questions that are being asked.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
MuppetCaper, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to want to know what they will receive should they decide to purchase something, nor is it unreasonable for them to voice concerns about how a product they care about will turn out.

Gonzo has been up for pre-order for quite some time, and Master Replicas has known that questions over what the finished product will look like for quite some time as well. If it's due to look exactly like what is on the website, then fine (well, not fine, I won't be buying it, but that's not my point). But at least answer the questions that are being asked.

And that's exactly the point....no one knows what to expect, therefore it shouldn't be assumed or speculated on what is shown as just a prototype. No one can just go by a picture from who knows how long ago and base it on as the final product without no word of mouth on that this is the final product, so deal with it kind of thing. Am I worried...no, why? cause it is going to be however it is. Worrying is not going to make anything better, we all know this. I agree, we would all love to know what is going on at this point. MR gives a little, everyone wants a lot. It would have been a lot different if they did not show any preview or even gave us a little hint. What they should have done is just wait till the final product was out, put it up for sale, and BOOM! we would all know what the final outcome of it is.

Like Amy said one night. This is why they do not like to put out there prototype pictures out too soon cause everyone believes that this is what they are going to get when it has not been finalized by the licensees. And I agree with her in that respect. I only hope that they do put out the final pitcures so we can all breath and hope for the best.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Well said, it may be that they aren't showing updated protos because they know how we all jump on them. They may be waiting for the final product before showing him off.

My only problem is the lack of communication for a $300 product that MR is taking pre-orders for and we still haven't seen the final product. It's like handing them $300 on blind faith.

I would be much more comfortable if they would just come out and say "these are the things we are improving" or "the pics you've seen are the final product" – which either could be the case.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
My only problem is the lack of communication for a $300 product that MR is taking pre-orders for and we still haven't seen the final product. It's like handing them $300 on blind faith.

I would be much more comfortable if they would just come out and say "these are the things we are improving" or "the pics you've seen are the final product" – which either could be the case.
I agree. I think the real mistake was putting him up for pre-order before he was final. It's nice that they show us the protos and I appreciate that and also the fact that they do (sometimes) listen to some of the feedback. But they really shouldn't be selling a product that you can't see properly. I am more than happy to wait for the final version before (or if) I order.

:stick_out_tongue:

goodrastus

Reaction score
I'm also quite content to wait and I'm certainly not losing sleep over it. I just figure that if they put up pictures it should be showing what you will get or else people DO start questioning which is why I was so confused. When I see him, I'll decide whether to get him or not. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
And that's exactly the point....no one knows what to expect, therefore it shouldn't be assumed or speculated on what is shown as just a prototype.

Like Amy said one night. This is why they do not like to put out there prototype pictures out too soon cause everyone believes that this is what they are going to get when it has not been finalized by the licensees. And I agree with her in that respect. I only hope that they do put out the final pitcures so we can all breath and hope for the best.
Yes and no. It really cuts both ways. The Gonzo proto photos came out right when they usually do - at the Con and at the pre-order phase. Terry's did come out early, but those really fanned interest! Either way, the pics they have just look wrong. Some fans will complain no matter how accurate a piece is. I've been there and heard it. But that is not the case here with Gonzo. There really needs to be more (and better) communication/information straight from Master Replicas, not less. That is what would help most here.

In many cases with the proto pics of Gonzo - it isn't simply that he's poorly lit or posed, but materials and proportions are very much off. It happens a lot with products, not just with MR. I just wish they'd give us something. This is devolving into bad-buzz the past few months. This could easily be helped.

I'm getting him either way and my Animal is on its ugly brown incompetent UPS truck to my apartment! I love MR and their products. We're lucky to get them, but discussing our concerns is what forums are all about and shouldn't be quashed. :concern:

Status
Not open for further replies.