Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I don't mean to beat a dead chicken here, but if the sock nose is the final solution, then I definitely won't be buying Gonzo.

I saw it in person at Comic-Con and it just doesn't look right at all. Not only does it look like netting, but it has visible seams in it that stick out.

The odd thing is that at Comic-Con, Travis said that this was Disney's orders to do it this way, but that later in the Con, when the Disney reps came to the booth and saw it, they didn't like it, either. So, I wonder what changed between then and now, if they are indeed going with the dreaded sock nose.

:stick_out_tongue:
At the price Gonzo's coming in at and how AWFUL those proto's look I'm afraid Master Replicas have lost another sale here too!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Terry's Fozzie

Has anyone got the proto pictures of fozzie and the ones from Terry?

Thank you

Leanne
Here you go, Leanne.

Bear (no pun intended) in mind that this was made as a reference for the factory in China to copy and hence we dont have an image of what the final product will be.

muppetperson

Reaction score
And here are all four so far, which includes the China Gonzo prototype.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Oh No! I was just having another look at the close up pic of the Gonzo photo puppet over at mynameisearlkress(Was once Ernie's blog site),and noticed that gonzo has the same ugly,toyish eyelid shells and lugs as Animal has.Yuck.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Oh No! I was just having another look at the close up pic of the Gonzo photo puppet over at mynameisearlkress(Was once Ernie's blog site),and noticed that gonzo has the same ugly,toyish eyelid shells and lugs as Animal has.Yuck.
And you're not going to be able to just paint these black or add extra fur to them to cover them up.

I talked to Travis about making the eyelids poseable at Comic-Con. That was when he said the ship had sailed on Animal, but he would look into it for Gonzo. I have a feeling that didn't happen, either.

:stick_out_tongue:

doc hopper

Reaction score
dude, that's the least of his problems. that pantyhose looks absolutely ridiculous.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
Thank you Muppet Person, that is really kind.

I see what you all mean when you say that Gonzo's nose looks like a sock, I thought it was a plastic or resin when I saw it on the Master Replica sight.

I like the Fozzie, I also found some other pictures taken at the comic con expo: Muppet Newsflash Blog where they are taken from a different angle and few more of Fozzie, don't know if anyone else has seen them. Mind you, you guys probably know way more than little old me.

One thing I did notice was this. The Muppet Central Homepage picture which is not the first time it has been used on the site is a bit spooky, looks like someone prophesied the first in the series of Master Replicas. Maybe I read too much into things, but I am a Tarot Reader so find that sort of thing too coincidental.

Any way hope you all have had a fantastic day, but the time you read this. it's 11:00am now in the UK so I'm going out shopping.

Leanne

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is it me or has that suit color (that was supposed to be altered after the Con) pretty much the same? I feel that MR might be getting creative with their reasoning rather than making these better. Terry's work is so wonderful. I still have faith MR will get his Gonzo pattern right. Just wish they'd say something to us. I get the feeling that "no news" is bad news. :concern:

goodrastus

Reaction score
Hi all,

Things are starting to get a bit more heated over Gonzo and I'm starting to get a bit lost. (And no I haven't tried Hari Krishna). It seems like very little is known about changes to the prototype that has been pictured. We don't know what's happened with his nose - or do we? Also, does anyone know if the suit is purple now or still hot pink? I think people are getting a bit worried over the no news situation but I'm not sure if I've actually missed an update or titbit of info that Terry gave someone. Could someone please clarify. Thanks! :smile:

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I seem to remember someone (I believe it was Travis) saying that the color of his suit was the color Disney had given them and that it wouldn't be changing.

But, Travis also said that Animal's pants wouldn't be pleather and would be changed to a material but we all know that didn't happen.

What's up with Gonzo's eyes? From the eyeball shape to the pupils, they look really weird to me. And what's up with the fuzz under his eyes? Man, he's got a lot of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.