Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I would like to know if they have changed all the things we ponited out that looked bad on the proto? Info on this would be great. It would be a shame if they dont change this, in yrs to come we and MR would hate to look back and say " Gonzo could and should have been made better".

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if they have changed all the things we ponited out that looked bad on the proto? Info on this would be great. It would be a shame if they dont change this, in yrs to come we and MR would hate to look back and say " Gonzo could and should have been made better".
Does anyone think there could be an official "Ask MR" sort of resource where, when time permitted, brief questions could be answered? As an example:

Ask MR:
Will the Gonzo replica's inner plastic eyelid contraption be white like the Animal replica or will it be dyed to match the (green ridge) outer foam color?
______________________________________________​

I know they are short staffed but this would be a great resource and information could be neatly accumulated and compiled so they wouldn't have to keep addressing the same concerns.

Luke

Reaction score
We are "lucky" to be getting these photo puppets and they are doing us a favor because we want them.
I agree we're lucky they picked up the license, i said we weren't lucky to be seeing protos. They need people to see them as much as people want to see them and i'm not about to give $300 to anyone in blind faith. They certainly aren't doing us a favor in making them, as i don't think they would have put in thousands to buy the license if it didn't have a chance of being commercially succesful - a company like MR (owned by the massive Corgi) doesn't even buy a license just on the basis of some of their employees being fans. That said, if they did want to do us a favor, if they're fans they could always come and post some updates on this fansite - only takes a minute!

I'm with Jamie that there can't really have been many changes made - he must have gone into production fairly quickly after we last saw him as they would have had to go through the approvals etc. I guess it's Gonzo, i wouldn't really call it a "replica" like i would Kermit or Animal because its definitely not a poser made from the same designs and similar materials but it does give people a chance to have the character amongst their collection and its not like people have to buy him. I really do hope the line continues - they are being bankrolled by a much bigger company now so it has every chance but i hope (especially seeing as how they've gone very quiet on anything "Muppet" related) that its not because they now have bigger prioritys elsewhere. They have a good opportunity getting in on the ground floor with the Muppet Studios and if things pick up they might have the chance of branching out with other products too.

MWoO

Reaction score
I never get the whole they're doing us a favor argument. When someone does you a favor, do you usually pay them for doing it?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
First off, you go back to any of my post and read that I have never been so negative about the Muppet posers. I take them for what they are. I don't feel that I have been a very negative person in whole matter. SO you may want to go back and read them again. The only thing I have negative about is the same stuff that is being said over and over and over. For the ones that say that they are just going to wait and see what the outcome is ....more power to them, I totally agree. I don't really see anything wrong being the cheerleader and telling everyone "hey guys, lets all just wait awhile and see what comes out, or lets all try and hope for the best". If being positive and sharing that with others is a problem, then that is really sad. They are just material things to me, I can go with it or without it, doesn't make any difference to me. Can't one person at least have a little hope for and be 'more' positive about the whole thing without them getting there heads chopped off....looks like not. I wonder how Amy at MR deals with all this when it goes on. She always trys to give positive feed back, I wonder if she is doing the wrong thing. What a sad situation. Sure this is a forum and I do agree that everyone is intitled to there own opinion. But when there is no proof or anything to go by there is nothing to give an opinion about. Lets just talk about it, not put it down when we have nothing to go by but just prototype pictures that we where told are not the final product in the very beginning. Sorry if you feel I am wrong, but I will continue to be the positive one here and I will accept whatever comes my way. I am just hoping that Gonzo will be good for all of us is all...we don't got long so let's cross our fingers. Maybe it won't be as bad as we thought.

Sorry guys if I seem a bit uptight. I'm really not, I just want this to be a good thing for all of us is all.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
The truth just comes down to the fact that at the heart of everything, we want MR to succeed. The better these products are, the more they will sell, and the line will continue.

Very rarely does a company have an opportunity to post on one or two message boards and literally reach almost 100% of its' consumer base. I'm not buying the "short-staffed" excuse because it would literally take them 15 minutes once or twice a month to communicate with nearly all of their consumers.

It is beyond me how a company selling such a low-numbered and high dollar product can be so completely inept at marketing the product. The pics of Kermit and Animal on their website are terrible and probably lose more sales for them than make them. Animal is my favorite Muppet and if it weren't for the pics here on this board I never would have ordered him.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Does anyone think there could be an official "Ask MR" sort of resource where, when time permitted, brief questions could be answered? As an example:

Ask MR:
Will the Gonzo replica's inner plastic eyelid contraption be white like the Animal replica or will it be dyed to match the (green ridge) outer foam color?
______________________________________________​

I know they are short staffed but this would be a great resource and information could be neatly accumulated and compiled so they wouldn't have to keep addressing the same concerns.
The only thing I know of is the Customer service link on the MR forum, which you have to be a Collector Society member to post.Whenever I have rung customer service, the representitive doesnt have any information.That seems to be a common factor-no information.It seems there is little communication from the developement department to the consumer relations department.Whether this is because a lot of this is happening in a far away country, I dont know.But the prototypes have to keep coming back to the developement department, so they should know.

Luke

Reaction score
Lets just talk about it, not put it down when we have nothing to go by but just prototype pictures that we where told are not the final product in the very beginning.
No, what heightened the debate on here was because some people were told this mostly WAS how the final product is likely to be. It's not that people are being negative just for the sake of it, it's that it's an absolute crying shame to Muppet fans that an opportunity for a product such as this which should have been so cool has been done in such a half hearted way. As for Amy, i've not seen much information from her other than schedule updates, but it's more marketings job to promote these to us and they've done nothing but take some bad photos and do website "tour" articles. If MR got their act together it'd be doing their supporters a favor as more people would buy into the line and you'd have more chance of it continuing.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Yeah, that is one thing I do agree on. There communication is not good with there customers. That's why I posted something on there forum about this. I told them that it would be a nice new years resolution to be more informative towards there customers. I don't know if it will help, but maybe the new guy wil be more helpful in Amy's replacement. :concern:

Luke

Reaction score
Yea, its not just being negative for negtives sake. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a really accurate Gonzo replica and have no reservations about paying them $300 for one, it's my favourite character. Just that to me (at least right now) isn't Gonzo. I think thats what a lot of people are upset about ... and then a few months down the line you watch, they'll say there was no demand for it! :embarrassed: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.