1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by MuppetCaper, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Ignohippo

Ignohippo Member

They have those sales pretty frequently. Try doing a search for "disneyshopping coupon" and see if anything current comes up. If not, they'll probably run the sale again in the next couple of weeks.
  2. Telly

Telly Active Member

After figuring out how much I'm getting back from my taxes and watching The Great Muppet Caper tonight, I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY excited for this! :concern:
  3. Rowlfharris

Rowlfharris New Member

The Gonzo Replica we Could Have Had?

A lot has been said already about the final production MR Gonzo, and this post is not intended to be more criticism.

I accept that Terry and Travis did the best they could within the constraints of the project, and I won't be cancelling my order since it will still be the closest thing to a true Gonzo replica we ever get.

But after seeing Travis's photos I couldn't help but wonder how much more 'lifelike' he may have turned out if his mouth/beak had been shaped correctly, which as said in my previous posts would probably only be possible for mass production using some type of flocked hollow plastic moulding.

So to satisfy my curiosity, I've done a bit of amateur photoshop on some of Travis's pictures to correct the mouth. I'm not saying my alterations are accurate, in fact I didn't even refer to any reference shots, but I know one of Gonzo's defining trademarks is his lip "sneer" at the back corner of his mouth (cheek), which was unfortunately completely wrong on the final product but is quite difficult to draw (or build). I don't know whether that was an error, or the limitations of the "sock nose" materials, or if it was actually intended that Gonzo was a blend of his current persona and earlier 'droopy & sad' incarnation from Season 1.

Posted for your enjoyment, amazement or comments:

actual vs modified.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/kamelian/M_central/gonzo_paint1-1.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/kamelian/M_central/gonzo_paint2-1.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/kamelian/M_central/gonzo_paint3-1.jpg

:sympathy:
  4. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Erm...different! Not sure it's better for me and a little bit frightening, sorry Rowlfharris. :)
  5. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

I think its a good attempt but I prefer the MR version...though the pupils are better placed in your pics.
    I think a lot of people here will be forgetting the issues with Gonzo when they have. Animal is a good expamle....he looked rubbish in pictures and even out of the box but once he was styled and played with he looks spot on. I bet Gonzo has the same effect
  6. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I know I am so ready for him. My order say "pending shipment" at MR. I cannot wait! :concern:
  7. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

I have a question.

So, now that MR's warehouse has the Gonzos, do they ship Gonzos to the Disney warehouse and then disney will ship him out. How does this work? I originally ordered Gonzo on MRs site, but then found him cheaper at disney online so I ordered him there and put the savings towards Fozzie.:o
  8. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I know for a fact that MR customers gets theirs first, then they should ship out the rest to the other companies. You should be getting Gonzo from disney's website is what I am guessing.
  9. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Master Replicas Gonzo Order page now says ''In Stock''.

I wonder how long we here in UK will have to wait. We got Animal shipped at the same time as US customers?

Chris:concern:
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The true likeness is probably somewhere in the middle of the two. Agreed on your nose material too. There comes a time when working on a product where you just have to release it the best it can be at that moment. I hope he turns out looking good in his snazzy little suit. Still awaiting my notification about shipping!
  11. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Hopefully soon Chris. I am going to call The Collector Zone tomorrow and ask them.............wow.........is he really going to be with us so soon? Do you think it will be within a couple of weeks?
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

I dunno what the deal is with Master Replicas, but i know sometimes the bigger companies in collectables get shipped direct from china, especially international distributors. So it usually depends on who uses the quickest route to get them fastest.
  13. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

So we could get him ASAP! I cant wait.
  14. Kermieuk

Hi antonydavanzo.

Lets hope within a few weeks, but maybe sooner, like I said, Animal shipped at exactly the same time as the US orders. I would imagine they were shipped from China direct to UK which speeded things up, lets hope they donr the same with Gonzo! Fingers crossed.

Chris
  15. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Hey Chris
    Let hope!
    How are you getting on with Animal?
    Ant
    ps...where did you take your Avatar pic
  16. Reevz1977

Antony, Let us know what they say at the Collector Zone when you contact them - I need to prepare for the coming of Gonzo. Wasn't that a line from Ghostbusters?:p
  17. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

:) .......and great line from Ghostbusters! I love that movie, would it be silly to imagine a Muppet parody of Ghostbusters, then maybe Kermit could utter that line, kinda daftbut could work?
    Yeah, Ill let you know. I have to return ANimal to them tomorrow anyway so I HAVE to call them!
  18. Reevz1977

If you love Ghostbusters, go on the MR Forum and join the 'Please make Ghostbusters replicas' thread - you never know. ;)

Anyhoot, slightly digressed there so BRING ON GONZO!:)
  19. Kermieuk

Hi Ant,

My Avatar pic was taken at the London Marathon in 2006. Disney's Childline was there and used Kermit as there mascot. I met Kermit and Steve.

There is a thread about here somewhere as some of us Muppet Central users met up and all met him together.

Chris
  20. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.