Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Does anyone think there could be an official "Ask MR" sort of resource where, when time permitted, brief questions could be answered? As an example:

Ask MR:
Will the Gonzo replica's inner plastic eyelid contraption be white like the Animal replica or will it be dyed to match the (green ridge) outer foam color?
______________________________________________​

I know they are short staffed but this would be a great resource and information could be neatly accumulated and compiled so they wouldn't have to keep addressing the same concerns.
Someone has put a post in the Customer Service section on the MR forum re info and pic updates on the Muppet line back in mid December, but it has gone unacknowledged by MR staff.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Someone has put a post in the Customer Service section on the MR forum re info and pic updates on the Muppet line back in mid December, but it has gone unacknowledged by MR staff.
They must be busy. I wonder if it has to do with restructuring? I hope they don't lose all personal touch with fans.

Maybe a section of fan-contributed photograhs should accompany the order page once they're out. The poor photographs still astound me. Maybe they should focus on one glossy iconic (maybe even retouched) sales picture for the prototype. I'm now imagining if there's any way they could possibly take a poor photo of Fozzie. That bear and their version of it thus far is beautiful!

Luke

Reaction score
I'm still partial to the Palisades (post series 2) Gonzo, but I'm biased. :wink: I want and hope for their photo Gonzo to be better. Terry's was perfect,
Have you got pics of Terry's one? I remember seeing it but don't have them now.

And yes although its an action figure and not a "poser" i believe post S2 Palisades Gonzo to be the best ever Gonzo in terms of likeness. The colors on the nose, the texturing, the expression and feature placement. Pretty much perfect! The checkered suit was my favorite one.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I also remember Amy saying on Friday to someone else on trivia night that the reason they do not have much information on many products is cause there main focus trying to get the last of the Star Wars stuff out before the end of March. Someone asked about another items that is coing out this year, so the Muppets are not the only thing they don't have much info on, it's most all of there new line for this year. I am sure after the water clears of SW stuff, they will know something.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
MuppetCaper said:
I also remember Amy saying on Friday to someone else on trivia night that the reason they do not have much information on many products is cause there main focus trying to get the last of the Star Wars stuff out before the end of March. Someone asked about another items that is coing out this year, so the Muppets are not the only thing they don't have much info on, it's most all of there new line for this year. I am sure after the water clears of SW stuff, they will know something.
Well that does sound promising. They do make a lot of things and Star Wars will always have more die-hard fans shelling out the cash than the Muppets. Just a culture thing I think. Plus Muppet fans can be rather fickle when it comes to paying for something we're not completely happy about.

Luke said:
Have you got pics of Terry's one? I remember seeing it but don't have them now.

And yes although its an action figure and not a "poser" i believe post S2 Palisades Gonzo to be the best ever Gonzo in terms of likeness. The colors on the nose, the texturing, the expression and feature placement. Pretty much perfect! The checkered suit was my favorite one.
I'll have to search around for that link. I'm sure many of this thread's posters will know the links.

I like the checkered suit too. I would have liked to see many more funky variations of Gonzo's clothing. That would have sold better than many of the other chase variants.

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Yes, but if Jim Henson was still around and had control, we wouldnt be having these photo puppets for "legal" reasons, which arent a problem with Disney.
As much as I love my Kermit, I would give him back in a heartbeat if we could still have Jim still around...

On the positive side of things, recent photos of Fozzie are making me reconsider my earlier comments about "No Fozzie without Gonzo..."

There are some really talented puppet-makers on this board. If the nose comes out as feared, someone should start a replacement-nose business. I'd shell out good money for a nose-job for Gonzo if it is necessary!

- Derek

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I am just curious to know how Terry made his Gonzo nose. I am going to have to ask him. I know he made it out of riticuled foam, but how big the pores on the foam is what I am wondering and how he colored it. :concern:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Hey Muppet Caper. Do you think you could speak to your contact at MR and let them know that the fans here at MC are worried, let them know that we would like to see what the final picture of Gonzo will lokk like, I think as customers it would be a must to see the product before it arrives. I only ask you as you seem to get answers from MR very quickly! I think if MR do this then it would end a lot of worry and negativity against the MR Gonzo. A good picture coulsd infact get the people who are holding off getting Gonzo to get him thus MORE pre orders for MR.........OR........the picture could confirm the worst and show us that Gonzo was not FIXED and left to look inferior to the Palisades series 2 Gonzo (that IMO should be the bench mark of all things Gonzo). My worry is that due to Gonzo not being fixed and left as the proto pic showed us is he reason they have not posted any pictures.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Hey Muppet Caper. Do you think you could speak to your contact at MR and let them know that the fans here at MC are worried, let them know that we would like to see what the final picture of Gonzo will lokk like, I think as customers it would be a must to see the product before it arrives. I only ask you as you seem to get answers from MR very quickly! I think if MR do this then it would end a lot of worry and negativity against the MR Gonzo. A good picture coulsd infact get the people who are holding off getting Gonzo to get him thus MORE pre orders for MR.........OR........the picture could confirm the worst and show us that Gonzo was not FIXED and left to look inferior to the Palisades series 2 Gonzo (that IMO should be the bench mark of all things Gonzo). My worry is that due to Gonzo not being fixed and left as the proto pic showed us is he reason they have not posted any pictures.

I posted a message up on there board and I also PM'd Amy about it too. I am also going to PM the new guy Tom as well. I hope I can get some kind of answer. That would be nice if we can get a updated picture of him. I told Amy about our concerns, not got anything as of yet.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I posted a message up on there board and I also PM'd Amy about it too. I am also going to PM the new guy Tom as well. I hope I can get some kind of answer. That would be nice if we can get a updated picture of him. I told Amy about our concerns, not got anything as of yet.
Thanks MC.........I hope the come around quickly. I wonder if after this any of the other replicas will prove hard to make? Has anyone heard from Terry, I know he was busy with Piggy. I wonder how far he has got with her......I love to see a preview sculp.

Status
Not open for further replies.