Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodrastus

Reaction score
Well I have to say, I am liking Gonzo more and as has been shown, pupil placement is fairly easy to remedy. I love the suit because that was putting me off and his blue colour is much better. Lots that is great but I would probably wait to see what others can do with him first. Mind you, this is from someone who didn't get Kermit until after Animal was released!

I think he looks good from the side on photo but from the front, his nose shows like pantyhose on the proto. I would also be interested to hear what others would do about the eyelids. But a great improvement.

From one Trav to another. Thanks Travis for the detailed feedback and photos. It does make a HUGE difference and is a reason why I love my Palisades figures so much. You always felt part of the loop even when some things changed/didn't eventuate.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
One thing is for certain - Travis' Gonzo pictures make him look much better than on the pre-order page.

Once the pupils are altered (if they indeed need to be) the only issue I have is the visible stocking nose material. I wonder if it shows so much in the pictures due to the flash photography. It does a funky thing to Kermit's fleece. Could that be the case?

After the pupil correction and styling he might get a 4 out of 5 stars from me.

Tigeraffa

Reaction score
I got Gonzo ordered through Disneyshopping.com. They have him for 249.00. I found a coupon code for 5 dollars shipping but I think it has expired now. But they have advertised 30 percent off this weekend on items 75 dollars and up. I didn't notice it when I ordered mine so I could have probably saved more money:grouchy: ! Oh well maybe some of you can take advantage of it. :zany:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think this Gonzo is truely amazing...Yes, the sock nose...but I actually think that could be as much to do with lighting as anything, look at the Kermit in the photos. He's picked up the "flash" sparkle...maybe the nose has done the same? -- EDIT: My thoughts exactly, Jamie.

It may just be a photo thing, and he looks better in real life. And there's aways ways to fix photos, from slightly blurring the nose to using black and white.

I simply cannot WAIT for Gonzo to arrive!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Fantastic,

No worries Travis, I will NOT be cancelling my pre-order.

My Muppet Replicas are on the opposite side of the room to where I sit, I probably spend more time looking at them than I do the TV. Anyway, with Gonzo at a small distance away I dont think the sock nose will be as obvious as up close.

I love the pics of Gonzo side on, and the wide eye expression is spot on!

Loving the clothes, the tux and the shoes are great, is he wearing black socks too?

All that remains now, is that I want my Gonzo here NOW! please!

Chris

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sorry to post twice in a row...I took my belief that Gonzo works, Picasa (a free photo program), and about ten minutes max to make the simplest of crops and lighting changes to Gonzo, here's some results:

Hey There Sailer
Step Aside Brad Pitt
I Love Retro!
Suuu-per Gonzo
Emmy Awards

Remember, the real poser photos have been coloured, air-brushed, retouched before being applied to DVD covers or calanders...why do we expect the MR one to photograph perfectly first time? Also, human celebs sometimes don't look like themselves in snapped pics from Emmy awards or some such place, so why would the Great G?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay, one of my infamous alterations!

To begin, this alteration should be fairly simple. The fur was styled around the eyes and nose, the white eyelid shells were colored and the pupils were moved (finding replacement pupils could be a challenge).

Also, you will notice a history of this and other posers and puppets of Gonzos past. Aside from the stocking nose, this replica really comes to life with a few minor tweaks.

With these changes Gonzo could receive a 4.25 on the frogboymeter. Think that's as high and fair as I can get considering the look of the nose material. I'm really hoping it's a flash photography thing. Still don't get why a plastic mold wasn't used.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooh, loverly, Jamie! I'm definatly keeping my fingers crossed on a flash thing.

And even if it isn't a flash problem...there is still so much that can be done with them. I mixed some pics together to form a basic canvassy image on Picasa...and that's without photoshop or a crop-tool in sight! With the right tools and a fertile imagination, things like Parody Posters, personal christmas cards, comic strips, etc should be easy to make from him, however his nose appears.

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
Yikes...:concern: Aside from some color changes, he looks the same as the proto I saw at Comic Con. Yes the stocking nose is very visible in person. It's not just a flash issue. I am going to stay open minded though and wait until he arrives. I am commited to buying every single Muppet replica...so I would feel bad to leave one out. Especially Gonzo!

muppetguy

Reaction score
I did it my way!

I love the photo titled 'I did it my way'. Side views are amazing and the nose looks amazing here! YAY Travis! I can't wait, what is it...to more weeks before he begins shipping?:concern:

Status
Not open for further replies.