Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've met the blue fella and talked to him up close...

...and this doesn't appear to be him. Now, I am reserving judgement until the final piece that I will get even if I had to sell an organ on Ebay. To be honest, after meeting Gonzo (the real Muppet with Dave) in person I think we could have done a better job in many areas of the Palisades version - and that, in all modesty - ia a fantastic sculpt! There's nuance that just can't be so easily replicated. Also each Gonzo changes slightly from production puppet to production puppet.

Nice alteration, Reevz! Had to say that. The foamy texture seems to be gone, but most of everything else is there.

Luke, I consider Animal a replica even though 90% of his foam parts aren't foam. I still say a similar lightweight plastic (replica) mold of the nose was the way to go in place of the stocking. I stand by that and believe that would be durable no matter what the report. That's the very thing that would make him feel more replica than doll. The materials will be different. They have to be. Disney won't allow the accurate foam material, or even one that will degrade a decade later, for such a central feature. The suit color, I'll just have to see that in person. So far I think they went the wrong way. Here's a classic picture of him on MC where the color is quite pink.

I understand you're not getting him. Just know that either on the site or on the forum I will review this guy in every detail. Having met Gonzo, researched him, worked on some of his action figures and of course being a lifelong crazed fan of him, my favorite Muppet, no praise will be spared, no nit will go unpicked! He is the closest thing to Gonzo I will ever own. I just hope to like him. I am also glad that Travis is being completely upfront about the product. :concern:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Wow. That's really good. The suit is more inline, in terms of color. But he nost is lighter than on your mock up. Curses, I need to get some pictures!

YES, WE REALLY NEED PICTURES! cannot wait!

ozshanel

Reaction score
Hello all

This is my first time ever posting in a forum so I hope I get this right.

Firstly let me say that it is so great to find so many like minded people. My partner really can not believe that there are other people who are as nuts about The Muppets as I am.

Now I need some help. Despite the apparent problems with the MR Gonzo I would still like to order one. When I ordered Kermit the shipping to Australia was about $30. When I ordered Animal it had gone up to $80 (a big jump but I could live with it). Now, when I try to order Gonzo the MR website says shipping will be $366. That's more than Gonzo costs in the first place! I have sent an email to MR asking them to clarify this but there has been no response. Is anyone aware of any distributors of the MR Muppet replicas in Australia or is there a company in the US that might have a more reasonable shipping rate?

Any help you could give me would be much appreciated as I do not want to have to stop collecting these amazing replicas just because of outrageous shipping charges.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Wow. That's really good. The suit is more inline, in terms of color. But he nost is lighter than on your mock up. Curses, I need to get some pictures!
...c'mon then, puuuuuurrrrrrllllleeeeeeeese:big_grin:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Hello all

This is my first time ever posting in a forum so I hope I get this right.

Firstly let me say that it is so great to find so many like minded people. My partner really can not believe that there are other people who are as nuts about The Muppets as I am.

Now I need some help. Despite the apparent problems with the MR Gonzo I would still like to order one. When I ordered Kermit the shipping to Australia was about $30. When I ordered Animal it had gone up to $80 (a big jump but I could live with it). Now, when I try to order Gonzo the MR website says shipping will be $366. That's more than Gonzo costs in the first place! I have sent an email to MR asking them to clarify this but there has been no response. Is anyone aware of any distributors of the MR Muppet replicas in Australia or is there a company in the US that might have a more reasonable shipping rate?

Any help you could give me would be much appreciated as I do not want to have to stop collecting these amazing replicas just because of outrageous shipping charges.

Responces take a little while to get. I know when I email Jerry, it takes me anywhere from a day to three days. You will eventually get one. I can only help you out that much as far as ordering him from somewhere else, I don't know.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Opening a can of worms...

Okay, here are some pics of Gonzo. I am posting 12 of them that I just took in my garage... I had intended to take more -- as you will see, I was having fun -- but then dinner was ready, and my son woke up and... well, that was more important. (Plus, right NOW the LOST Season 4 premier is in 38 minutes...)

Okay so, I think that this will change some people's minds about Gonzo, based on the pics you've seen to date. Hopefully, if you end up in this camp, you will buy the product (if you haven't already). For others, these pictures will probably re-affirm that you don't want Gonzo. And that's fine too. My only hope is that I don't make anyone who pre-ordered him decide to cancel the order -- but that's a risk I am prepared to take! Remember that as I was in the garage posing Gonzo, I was having a lot of fun! Truthfully, I would buy this product if I did not work for this company, but I don't expect anyone to buy just because of.

Okay, here we go. The first couple of pics feature Gonzo, after a performance at the Muppet theatre, as he prepares to change from his trademark purple tux, into something a little more comfortable:

Pic # 1 - The Great Gonzo

Pic # 2 - "I Did It My Way..."

Pic # 3 - Steppin' Out!

Pic # 4 - Too Sexy for My Shirt...

The next few feature Gonzo in a different outfit. Yes, one of the most fun features of Gonzo is the ability to change his outfits. OUTFITS SOLD SEPARATELY... AND, INCIDENTALLY, NOT BY MASTER REPLICAS! Gonzo's outfit here was furnished by my mother, who was recently in Hawaii and actually thought to pic up a shirt for the little weirdo. (incidentally, the shirt is for an 18 month old...)

Pic # 5 - Hawaiian Weirdo

Pic # 6 - Um...

Pic # 7 - The Weirdo Salute

Okay, the rest of the pics are back in the tux -- the outfit that he comes with. Here, you will see, a few of the pictures have his eyelids raised. This was accomplished with two small pins, placed behind his eyes. (I do not, once again, officially endorse doing this, as if you tear the foam, you will void your warranty...)

Pic # 8 - SHOCKED!

Pic # 9 - Gonzo's bright idea (obviously, Kermit is not impressed...)

Pic # 10 - Kermit presents... the musical stylings of the Great Gonzo

Pic # 11 - Back to back... with Attitude!

Pic # 12 - Family Album

And there you have it... the results of 20 minutes in the garage with a Weirdo, a Frog, and a Wild Drummer.

I should add before I go -- LOST in 11 minutes now -- that at first I was not 100% keen on Gonzo. And he has grown on me each and every day. So... go ahead, take a look at all the pics, and hit me with your best shot. (If you have comments on Gonzo, feel free to post them in this thread, but if you want to ask me q direct question, please do so in the "Ask Travis" thread, as I might miss them over here...)

Thanks guys!

T

Status
Not open for further replies.