Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I am not really happy with UPS right now. They lost my package for the flocked paper I ordered and now have to get them to chase it down, or they owe me money!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
my Gonzo is about to make his journey to Australia and as soon as he arrives, he is going to be sent away for a nose job!
Who is doing your alteration? I might even consider getting one if someone could "fix" him.

If you'd rather not share with the group, you could PM me.

Thanks!

:stick_out_tongue:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Who is doing your alteration? I might even consider getting one if someone could "fix" him.

If you'd rather not share with the group, you could PM me.

Thanks!

Nepean Flocking is going to do it. www.nepeanflock.com.au
but there would be flockers in the States.You probably wouldnt
like that because you want the porus foam look, which would require the head to be built again as not only his nose wants replacing but his mouth as well.Flocking is the best alternative for me.I will post a pic of the results when it is done.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Nepean Flocking is going to do it. www.nepeanflock.com.au
but there would be flockers in the States.You probably wouldnt
like that because you want the porus foam look, which would require the head to be built again as not only his nose wants replacing but his mouth as well.Flocking is the best alternative for me.I will post a pic of the results when it is done.
Thanks for the info and you're right. I thought maybe you were having his nose and mouth rebuilt out of foam. I'll still pass on this one.

I'm not sure I really understand the attitude of most of the folks on here. "Oh, well, it's the best we'll ever get." "Oh, well, it's good enough." As Travis himself said, you vote with your wallet. If you're willing to accept anything less than at least how good Kermit and Animal are, you're showing the company that they don't have to be as picky because you'll just buy them anyway.

I may be the only one on this board, but I won't buy something just because it exists. I think you have to have standards or the standards will be lowered for everyone.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and you're right. I thought maybe you were having his nose and mouth rebuilt out of foam. I'll still pass on this one.

I'm not sure I really understand the attitude of most of the folks on here. "Oh, well, it's the best we'll ever get." "Oh, well, it's good enough." As Travis himself said, you vote with your wallet. If you're willing to accept anything less than at least how good Kermit and Animal are, you're showing the company that they don't have to be as picky because you'll just buy them anyway.

I may be the only one on this board, but I won't buy something just because it exists. I think you have to have standards or the standards will be lowered for everyone.

People are not just buying these cause they exist. They are appreciating him for what at least he is. He is not considered 100% accurate, he is only 80%. The only thing that is really stopping him the most is his nose. His body is still part of the replica part with the patterns they used. Would you throw your child away cause he was missing some fingers. Or give him up cause he looked a little different that what you expect? No! Maybe your standards are just too high. Maybe we are the ones that don't see that much of a problem. I opened th box and I smiled and I thought it looked pretty good. Everything is there and he does still look like Gonzo.

Luke

Reaction score
Would you throw your child away cause he was missing some fingers. Or give him up cause he looked a little different that what you expect? No! Maybe your standards are just too high.
Firstly, comparing these luxury items to a living disabled child is so wrong and way over the top, there is no comparison for all manner of reasons. Not sure what you were thinking there.

Muppet fans SHOULD expect the highest standards, and feel free to comment openly - just because it's Muppets doesn't mean we should just accept anything. Often the fans influence the products for the better (like with early Palisades) and can point out things the Disney approval people couldn't hope to. That said, its not like they have done a terrible job with Gonzo and some people are prepared to accept the end result, some won't. It doesn't pay to just be a cheerleader for everything though or "spin" opinions as it doesn't give the company an accurate idea of what the collectors want, and we could just end up with sub-standard merchandise that nobody else outside the hardcore collectors would buy anyway. End result - the line would get cancelled and 1000 Gonzo's end up in a landfill somewhere.

:eek:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
People are not just buying these cause they exist. They are appreciating him for what at least he is. He is not considered 100% accurate, he is only 80%. [SNIP!] I opened the box and I smiled and I thought it looked pretty good.
You are completely making my argument. We shouldn't be settling for anything less than 95%. And instead of "it looked pretty good", we should be opening the box and thinking, "this looks amazing, incredible, unbelievable, stupendous, magnificent, beyond words, takes my breath away, etc. etc."

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
Yeah...I held off on any final opinions of Gonzo until some detailed pics were posted. My conclusion is he is NOT worth the price, so I cancelled my pre-order. Most of these fans know that this is the best thing they will ever get so they are happy. I think that's great. But myself being an artist, I am way too picky to spend 300 bucks on something I am not flipping out over. Although Kermit and Animal had their share of minor flaws, they are still great! Gonzo falls way short in my opinion. It's not just the foam issue. His mouth is not shaped right and his eyes are to far apart. His body and fur are nice. If I knew it was possible and I could find one on ebay for 2 bills, I might consider ripping the fur off the head and re building the face with scott foam and new eyes etc...That would be a pricey experiment if it didn't work out though. :crazy:

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
I cancelled my order as well. I just thought it was too much money through MR. Lucky for me, and the rest of us here, someone posted that disneyshopping.com was selling them cheaper than the MR site. In addition to that, there was a coupon code I used. After all was said and done, he came to about $188. I GLADLY forked that over. He should be here in a week or two. Here is his direct link... http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp...ogId=10002&productId=1222589&categoryId=14761

Yoy will have to do a little foot-work to find the coupon code. It's here in this thread somewhere. I can't remember what it was. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.