Master Replicas Muppets 2008

Fozzie6

Reaction score
My vote is for Beaker, I think he would appeal to more people outside of the hardcore Muppet fans.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
My vote would be Scooter right after Miss Piggy. It would be only right. If not Scooter, make it Rowlf! :sympathy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My vote would be Scooter right after Miss Piggy. It would be only right. If not Scooter, make it Rowlf! :sympathy:
I couldn't agree with you more. That's what would really be right. Man, I keep looking at my Animal and it's like he's gonna say something. I wish his mouth would close though, it's starting to freak me out. He he.

Luke

Reaction score
It is a fair bet to say that Fozzie is safe and will be released as they have now officially announced him and put lots of money into his prototype.Miss Piggy on the other hand is still up in the air, depending on sales.
I'd like to think there is more chance since they have the prototype but its never a sure bet, really all depends on how the previous three have sold and whether its worth just cutting their losses. I just really hope he makes it, that will be enough for me. I'm not so sure Piggy is the right Muppet if they even got beyond that, look at the trouble Palisades had with the figures. I would think Beaker or Rizzo would be the way to go, but i think maybe (if they are around as a company still) their best bet with Muppets would be McFarlane style premium quality figure "scenes" in scale with the Palisades line.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, Palisades had trouble with the Miss P, but they were trying to make her smaller. There have been SO many totally amazing Miss Pigy photo types, her most popular being the ones used for the Piggy-Calander series...I don't see why the design of her could be so difficult.

Now, actually producing her...that would be more hard.

Luke

Reaction score
There have been some great Piggy posers i agree, i was just thinking she might be a hard sell, and hard for them to get right. Then again, Piggy does have a small but very loyal fanbase of collectors who'd probably like this more than a figure so it might work. I would have thought they need to think in terms of choosing the characters where they can get maximum quality likeness for as less financial outlay as they can. So keep the RRP down but stil have a good looking Muppet - that is why i would have said Beaker, or possibly Rizzo.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Beaker would have a massive following. But I think that Chef has a greater number of fans. He would be easy to buy props for too...

muppetguy

Reaction score
I am very happy...

That Luke notices the loyal fanbase of Piggy. I wish she was the second one out in the poser line to be honest. I would be totally devistated if they don't make her. I have been a Piggy fan from the very beginning and have always dreamed of owning a Piggy Poser. I personally think that Miss Piggy will be made. I like what Palisades did with the muppets, but with all the looks miss piggy has had, they did a not so good job on her. I mean, short hair for piggy, seriously...what were they thinking. The look of a product would sell it better. I think Piggy will sell just fine. Terry did says he will be making it, but isn't sure if he's going to start in late January or early February. As far as after Piggy, I love Pepe, so my vote goes to Pepe the King Prawn..ok!:rolleyes: LOL!

Beauregard

Reaction score
What the need most of all is for the posers to be able to interact with one another. Animal can do that with Kermit in a limited way. There is only so much that Animal and Kermit can do together.

Gonzo and Kermit will make great companions. We can set Gonzo up in a variety of situatios, with Kermit reacting. Kermit and Gonzo have never been best friends, but they are closer than Kermit and Animal.

Fozzie will be simply great to have with Kermit, because Fozzie is always grabbing Kerm, hding behind him, whispering to him, etc. So there will be dones of great poses for the two.

That's the reason they should do Piggy or Rizzo. Rizzo can interact with Gonzo, and Piggy with Kermie.

I'm just not sure who Beaker or Pepe would be able to pose with?

Luke

Reaction score
Beaker would have a massive following. But I think that Chef has a greater number of fans. He would be easy to buy props for too...
I think Chef is a fantastic idea. Not too much of a challenge for them to make and should be easier to mass produce. Beaker is pretty much the same.

Piggy i think could either turn out very well, or very bad. Once they got the face right it'd all be down to how they handled the hair.

I agree about them needing to be appropriate choices as a group. Fozzie seems perfect for this. Piggy and Gonzo need to be done so the main 5 are complete - i just feel with Kermit and Animal turning out pretty fine they do all need to be very close replicas so it looks "right" when they're all together.