How Much Time Do You Give Yourself?

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I always push myself to the last-minute. I'm sure not everyone does this as this is one of the most irresponsible things I do in my life & most of you seem to be fairly responsible people.

So, let's say you have a show on the first Friday & Saturday of January. Let's go ahead and say you have two shows. Let's also say you need to build 2 puppets for the first show & 3 for the 2nd, along with some props & a costume or two. Let's pretend you did *not* receive the script for the 2nd, more involved show last night. In theory...when do you begin this project?

MGov

Reaction score
Five puppets in two weeks?

Hmmm...

Is your Christmas shopping done? Are you squeamish about inserting a caffeine IV in your own arm?

Okay, seriously, start now with the most difficult puppet. Work your way back from there.

And...

most of you seem to be fairly responsible people.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I would say as soon as possible, especially with the holidays. I used to do a lot of stuff last minute and it's sooo bad and stressful (as everybody already knows). Some people I know if they have a deadline on Friday, will ensure they are done by Wednesday so when (not if) things go wrong there is always time to fix them.

Onath

Reaction score
Well I would first build a time machine it should only take an hour or two to make it. Flux capacitors are luckily found in any hobby store these days. Then I would go back to two weeks ago and get stuff done.

If you can't find a flux capacitor I suggest my super activity diet from art school. Sugar wafers and Coca cola. Be sure as soon as you start feel a lul in energy down another wafer.

Hope this helps. I have faith in you that you can get it all done. I mean come on your a pirate. You could also go and hijack another puppeteer to help. Force them to help or make them walk the plank their choice.

Onath

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Ohhh yah also pretend that you're not leaving on Saturday for Denver for 10 days...did I forget to mention that?

I really was curious how much time you *would* give yourself taking out all of the other factors, and maybe factoring in that flux capacitors are on sale at Michael's, 2 for 1.

The sad thing is, its not a typical easy-type puppet. I need to make a sexy sheep, pig & girl all with corsets/lingerie of sorts & I need to make 2 circus chickens. Then I need to make some dis-emboidied, bloody pig bits, sheep-skin & some other props here and there.

I figure our tech-rehearsal isn't until Thursday the 4th at 6pm, so I have until at least 6:30 that Thursday to get them done.

"Merry Christmas honey, tell your parents that I'll be in their basement with my contact cement if anyone needs me."

Teenager's

Reaction score
ah man.....that is quite the job. In organizing all that + the trip I would say start on the two chickens first (because those seem the easiest among those) to give yourself time to think on how you would do the others and work your way into a puppet making groove.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
when do i begin, when i recive the deposit check and it clears, , but only if it is understood that the quicker i have to work the more expensive the project will become.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
when do i begin, when i recive the deposit check and it clears
hehe that's assuming you get paid for this type of thing.

Actually I do get paid, but it's always post-performance. & it's not that much, but, yeah, I can't exactly wait until the show is done to start...or can I? (oh mr. flux capacitor?)

I went ahead and started with the lamb. I made a dominatrix bunny last summer with a corset, whip, etc. So I oddly feel more comfortable making a sultry ewe, than I do making a circus chicken.