How Much Time Do You Give Yourself?

SJohnson

Reaction score
I like the material you used for the chicken feathers.

MGov

Reaction score
Okay, seriously, great looking chicken.

Not so seriously...

SPIDER-PIRATE!

(and with that all too familiar to me Wiggles DVD in the background!)

Beauregard

Reaction score
If I am doing a solo project, I tend to fid inspitration for my scripts only the night before the appearance...so I stick with the puppets I have and go from there.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Thank you guys very much.

SPIDER-PIRATE!

(and with that all too familiar to me Wiggles DVD in the background!)
Which episode of Wiggles is that? I thought I'd seen them all. I *have* seen every episode of Lazy Town. Those wacky Icelanders...

Ok update on progress:

Turns out I only had two hours yesterday, so I didn't get facial features on red before I hit tech. I also need to attach the finished chicken head to the almost finished chicken body. We had enough done to have a smooth rehearsal for the chicken show & a not-quite-as-smooth tech for the wolf show. I think the major issue there is that we've not been able to do any rehearsals with stand-in puppets due to my partner having bronchitis all week. I'm actually surprised he made it to tech.

BUT this means I have *all* day to get just a few things done. Wheee!

MGov

Reaction score
Which episode of Wiggles is that?
It looks like a DVD featuring Captain Feathersword and his crew sailing around the world and singing songs about those places.

Wiggles and Thomas the Tank Engine are my 2 1/2 year old's favorites. He is also enjoying "Charlie & Lola" these days.

But enough parent talk!

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
It looks like a DVD featuring Captain Feathersword and his crew sailing around the world and singing songs about those places.
I am a dingus & thought you said spider pirate because its a song in the wiggles. Not enough sleep. too many puppets....I was expecting to run into Captain Feathersword singing about spider pirates. What do I get instead? Greek dances.

MGov

Reaction score
Yeah, but you're a darn cute dingus!

Did you finish everything up in time?

aaronmojo

Reaction score
I do everything last minute. I work better under pressure. Or maybe that's just what I've convinced myself so I have a good excuse for procrastination...

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I *did* get everything done in time! And even though our tech rehearsal was clunky, our shows were both wonderful. Tonight's show went over even better than last night's (Saturday crowds are always bigger & a tad more inebriated). I know Friday's less-smooth show was recorded, maybe I'll be able to put a clip up on youtube someday.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Hey GUys,

I finally took pictures of the last three puppets.
Here's a link to the photo set
http://www.flickr.com/photos/staceyrebecca/sets/72157603690820121/

There are a lot of things that I would have done differently if I had more time...not use a green bobbin, for instance.

So this week I've been doing something called...sleeping...it's amazing, you should try it. I need to gear up for our next slam next week. Hopefully things work out better this time!

thanks guys, for all of your support!