Trailer for SUDS online!

beaker

Reaction score
Trailer for the upcoming new Henson Alternative puppet detective show(featuring some of the puppets from Puppet Up) "SUDS" is here
http://www.film.com/suds/story/simian-undercover-detective-squad-sneak-preview/17710220
thanks to:
http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/12/suds-is-coming.html

First Puppet Up, then Tinseltown, then Del's Comedy Binge, now Suds...
Henson Alternative(who have reclaimed the "HA!" brand logo) have really been getting busy

Also, coming in 2008...more puppet shows from HA!

Alt-Reality
plus Puppet Up! the series

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was excited until I attempted to watch the clip. It's the never-ending streaming and buffering that occurs even on repeat viewings that will likely rob me of these programs!

If this is how they will be streaming it (instead of making downloadable) it won't ever play on my high speed wireless connection without being prohibitively choppy and obnoxious. :mad:

Another great Henson idea that's likely to go south because of technology, expense and being virtually a secret to non-hardcore fans. I'm not going to chance paying for choppy video. I hate complaining about that, but Henson really needs to use better technology methods of audio podcasts and video that work with different systems. Jim used to be on top of technology.

The program does not need to be broadcast that way. I always have to watch such stuff (and listen to the Henson Podcast) on a friend's computer - and still it doesn't always work. :smirk:

Great idea though. It looks funny.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Aw, cool! Wish we got to see more of the monkeys, though. Great to see the HA! logo, hee hee.

They do seem like they are doing tons of cool new stuff. That's exciting. It will be hard to keep up on it all.

Luke

Reaction score
It played fine here on my 2mb connection, no buffering even. Strange, i'm usually plagued by slow streaming too.

I like the idea and i really like the direction HA! are taking. The trailer didn't do much for me, could have had a bit more action and humour but the monkeys look good. Kudos to them for making this kinda stuff just for the web, i hope some of it catches on. Maybe having teaser eps up on youtube would be good so it gets shared around and becomes a viral video thing, draw people to the main site.

MGov

Reaction score
Two shots of puppets in a minute maybe 1:30.

That's a bad trailer.

beaker

Reaction score
Aw, cool! Wish we got to see more of the monkeys, though. Great to see the HA! logo, hee hee.

They do seem like they are doing tons of cool new stuff. That's exciting. It will be hard to keep up on it all.
Well someone needs to convert the flash streams of all the puppet up, del, tinseltown and this trailer and put it on youtube rife with many many tags.

Surely someone at JHC realizes how massively viral youtube videos get in a short amount of time right?

Myspace videos and youtube is where JHC should be putting these.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I absolutely agree about the YouTube idea. It's hopefully headed that way, but film.com seems to have gotten the trailer first. I'm sure somebody will figure out how to get this video onto YouTube, and hopefully with Henson's blessing. I'm still a little disappointed about the net broadcasts being through such an inefficient and less-used technology like Real Networks, but I did enjoy the trailer. It was an effective teaser.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I was really happy with this teaser. I hate, hate, hate "Tinseltown", so Henson Alternative is gonna have to produce some real quality stuff to win me over... though with this and "Puppet Up!" I don't think it'll be too much of a problem.