The Fourth Fantastic and Fun Official Muppet Central Forum Awards (Round Four!)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well, I've tallied all of the votes. Ed's tallying them now too, we'll make sure we've got the same results, and then we're ready to go.

I do have some rather disappointing news however, I won't be able to sit in on a live recording session for the MuppetCast. I'm swamped this week with things to do and just don't have the time to sit and talk for that long. I will however be recording myself doing some Muppet impressions presenting some of the awards.

Thanks a lot everyone, for participating in this year's awards! :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
So wait, are these awards gonna be broadcast or is it just gonna be on here live?

Daniel

Erine81981

Reaction score
Oh this is going to one fun filled weekend. My sister has her birthday this friday and then Saturday it's the Awards then Sunday it's the "MuppetCast" version of the Muppet Central Awards Show. I don't know what to be so happy about. I just can't contain....."BLAM!" *confetti falls down from the explosion*

Yakky: Whoa! Now that's how we celebrate. Yeah!

Kyle Moore: *walks in* Oh no. You've made a mess. *walks out*

Yakky: Hey! That wasn't me. *points to the confetti* That was not me. Hey now. Listen to me. Come back. *starts walking off after Kyle, keeps talking*

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Daniel, my understanding is that there is a Muppetcast portion with Count (and some clips from Prawnie), and I think Prawnie is going to do the awards on the forum as well, like usual. That would make the most sense, since not everyone's computer can handle the muppetcast stuff. But don't quote me on that. I'm not in charge, Prawnie is, so ask him.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I think I'll be able to pull of an awards ceremony on the forum as well. It'll probalby end up being Sunday night in conjunction with the broadcast version on the MuppetCast. Either that or Friday night into Saturday morning. I'm not entirely sure if my schedule will provide me with enough time to make the ceremony as extravagant as last year's, but I'd still try to make it fun.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YOU'RE CORNFUSING ME! ! !

What are we doing? MuppetCast? How in the world are we going to even do that? How is that possible? We all fly down to wherever the MuppetCast is and cram ourselves into a recording studio to do this thing, or what?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
YOU'RE CORNFUSING ME! ! !

What are we doing? MuppetCast? How in the world are we going to even do that? How is that possible? We all fly down to wherever the MuppetCast is and cram ourselves into a recording studio to do this thing, or what?
Well see, this is the reason for having a cermony on the forum as well. That way we can have acceptance speeches and random MC fun. The MuppetCast portion is really just for fun and wolrdwide recognition or something like that. :stick_out_tongue: But seriously, The MuppetCast is just something fun to do with the awards, we'll still be having a ceremony on the forum as usual to actually give out the awards and have acceptance speeches. Sorry for all the confusion, really I am. :sympathy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sorry for all the confusion, really I am. :sympathy:
It's alright, it's alright, it's just the MuppetCast thing seems awkward because for one thing there are different people from around the world who are probably up for awards, so when the ceremony takes place, in some parts of the world, they could possibly at work, or in bed, or something. And how would be actually participate in the MuppetCast ceremony?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
It's alright, it's alright, it's just the MuppetCast thing seems awkward because for one thing there are different people from around the world who are probably up for awards, so when the ceremony takes place, in some parts of the world, they could possibly at work, or in bed, or something. And how would be actually participate in the MuppetCast ceremony?
Well really, unfortunately, there's no way to have acceptance speeches or anything during the MuppetCast. It would require having everyone who's even nominated for an award ready to call in and MAYBE accept their award. So this is why we have the forum ceremony too.

Unfortunately, there's really no way to make sure everyone is on at the same time and able to give a speech if they win the award, because of the time differences you talked about Snowthy. I know there were a bunch of people last year who weren't around to accept their awards at the time the ceremony was happening, that's why we put a link to the actual awards in the posts, so people who aren't around can come by and "pick them up."

I hope I'm doing a good job rationalizing all of this... Sometimes I feel just as confused as you guys. Just know that everything that can be done is being done to make this year's award show run smoothly and be downright awesome. Those who can and want to listen to the broadcast of the awards on The MuppetCast can and will, those who can't listen to the MuppetCast can come be a part of the fun here on the forums.

You will NOT miss anything if you can't listen to the cermony on The MuppetCast and/or you can't attend the cermony on the forum. One won't have half of the awards while the other presents the other half, each one will have the presentations for all of the awards.

If you want to be a part of the MC Awards, well, by golly, you'll be part of the MC awards, and if you don't, well that's okay too. I'm just trying to make sure everyone's happy.

I really hope you guys are following all of this, I feel like I may just be confusing things even more... Again, sorry for that.

Pork

Reaction score
I'm not confused, thats all understandable I thought. I"m looking forward to the awards, here on Muppet Central and also on the Muppet Cast.