What Miss Piggy should MR design?

Telly

Reaction score
I'm all for the purple dress from the early days. Maybe they could "hip up" the dress a bit though?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm all for the purple dress from the early days. Maybe they could "hip up" the dress a bit though?
I'd go for that. As long as she comes with purple gloves.

I really do want the pig to come fifth. I know that she sells less in the usual Muppet assortment, but there's never been a product like this! I think if they limit her edition slightly more and increase her asking price a bit that MR would find a solid seller in Miss Piggy. I don't think she'd be a line ender. Much of the Miss Piggy products of the past were carded with toys that are largely influenced by the male youth market (the Corgi Muppet cars and various figures through the years). The pig always did best on her own with stationary, pencils and other such supplies geared to the signature Piggy enthusiast. Maybe with a little diva branding this product could do quite well.

Telly

Reaction score
Yeah...definately need the purple gloves to match.

muppetguy

Reaction score
ANd....

Don't forget those white pearls! We need those too. I think Piggy can wear something better than the original light purple dress, something more..Fabulous....if that makes any sense.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
We can dress her up like Tina Turner! I think Cher would be too over the top. :wink:

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
Piggy is the Diva of the Muppet Show. Love them or loathe them Diva’s have their place in society. They tend to show others in a better light and we can’t help but have a pop at them so it is not surprising that she is getting a few negative comments. I’m not here to say anyone is wrong to dislike her, but that is only one side of the story.

Piggy is one of the ultimate Diva’s that have span a generation in the same vain as Liza Minelli, Gloria Gaynor and Diana Ross, she is also loved by these people too. She represents everything that’s good and bad about women, she has everything going against her, yet she somehow survives she maybe a Piggy but she also an Underdog.

In my experience, she is a Gay Icon and embodies that wonderful burlesque stage quality that gives many a whimsical feeling of contentment.

I do feel that Piggy has not been represented well by manufactures over the years, possibly the best version being back in 1999 by Franklin Mint. But I she is my personal favourite and do want MR to do her justice and would love to see her sooner rather than later.

Many female Muppets have come and gone, but Piggy has remained a constant come on, guys you know deep down you love her Hiiiiiiigh YAAAAAAAAAh!

Fozzie6

Reaction score
Supercali... your statement seems rather naive. Miss Piggy is beloved by casual muppet fans as well as the hardcores.

Granted I have no hard facts to back up my statement, but I highly doubt you have any facts to back up your stance that Miss Piggy will sell well. I was just on a movie board and we were discussing The Muppet Movie...when I stated that I liked the movie until Miss Piggy showed up, everyone else agreed that they don't like Piggy and nobody had anything good to say about her. Of course that's blasphemy to state anything like that on this board because everyone is such a hardcore Muppet fan. I'm just saying that casual fans might not like her as much, she is very very very annoying. Of course she might sell better among the casual women fans, I really don't know.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
These replicas are not really something that casual fans are going to be too interested in buying anyway I would have thought. Certain characters, like Animal, will sell to a certain group as well but in general they will only be bought by the sort of fan that has the cash to back up their enthusiasm.

Telly

Reaction score
I think it's all in the way one looks at her. Some might not like her because they see her as being b*tchy and bossy. That's one of the personal reasons WHY I like her! I find it hilarious! Don't we all have a friend that tries to outshine us when we're in public? To me, that's who she represents.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Thank you Leanne you totally get it! The Muppet Show was based on vaudeville and anyone familiar with that era of being knows that it revolved around having the biggest, baddest, toughest act. These performers were tough as nails and would do anything to out show the next guy, gal or pig. Miss Piggy embodies that spirit more than any other character.

She is the ultimate diva.

Being a Hollywood person i'll never ever forget the moment in "The Muppet Movie" when whilst on a date with Kermit, the absolute love of her life, she gets a call from her agent and ditches Kermit immediately.

Hilarious! She's a big star in every way and deserves to be treated as such.

Piggy is the Diva of the Muppet Show. Love them or loathe them Diva’s have their place in society. They tend to show others in a better light and we can’t help but have a pop at them so it is not surprising that she is getting a few negative comments. I’m not here to say anyone is wrong to dislike her, but that is only one side of the story.

Piggy is one of the ultimate Diva’s that have span a generation in the same vain as Liza Minelli, Gloria Gaynor and Diana Ross, she is also loved by these people too. She represents everything that’s good and bad about women, she has everything going against her, yet she somehow survives she maybe a Piggy but she also an Underdog.

In my experience, she is a Gay Icon and embodies that wonderful burlesque stage quality that gives many a whimsical feeling of contentment.

I do feel that Piggy has not been represented well by manufactures over the years, possibly the best version being back in 1999 by Franklin Mint. But I she is my personal favourite and do want MR to do her justice and would love to see her sooner rather than later.

Many female Muppets have come and gone, but Piggy has remained a constant come on, guys you know deep down you love her Hiiiiiiigh YAAAAAAAAAh!