Piggy's accedental kisses

babyPiggy

Reaction score
why did the writers decide o have Piggy alaways accedentelly kiss Gonzo and Fozzie? dose anyone remember how Piggy used to trip and her lips ended up on gonzo's? or when ahe would try to kiss Kermit and end up kissing fozzie? I always just woundered why the writers wanted that ro happen all the time.

BabyScooter

Reaction score
I don't know maybe they just thought it would be funny.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
My theory is that the audience (small children) can relate more to the running gag than just a one time thing.

When you look at The Muppet Show, Gonzo's crush on Miss Piggy only lasted a few episodes. In fact, it was really only apparent in episode 24 of Season 1. But in Muppet Babies, I guess the writers decided it would be fun to revisit that idea. Personally, I thought the "love triangle" between Gonzo, Piggy, and Kermit was a cute idea.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Yeah, especially since your name is Baby Gonzo and your avatar is Baby Gonzo. Admittedly, he's my favorite MB character too.

BJ

BabyScooter

Reaction score
hey I noticed that in a row there is

Baby piggy

baby scooter

and baby gonzo.

weird.

babyPiggy

Reaction score
My theory is that the audience (small children) can relate more to the running gag than just a one time thing.

When you look at The Muppet Show, Gonzo's crush on Miss Piggy only lasted a few episodes. In fact, it was really only apparent in episode 24 of Season 1. But in Muppet Babies, I guess the writers decided it would be fun to revisit that idea. Personally, I thought the "love triangle" between Gonzo, Piggy, and Kermit was a cute idea.
i like the idia too. I just wounderd why she would kiss Fozzie.:embarrassed:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Maybe they just weren't sure what else to do with her character? It's a bunch of grown men playing with women characters. I'm not saying that they would be insensitive, I'm sure they had feminine sides. But, maybe in the beginning, they weren't sure how to take the comedy involving a character as blatantly female as Piggy in another direction besides the obvious one. :/

It would be interesting to see if this habit increased or decreased every season. My feeling is that it would decrease, as they got more comfortable with the character. I know her and Gonzo got into situations but I can't think of specific situations where this happened with Fozzie (especially since Piggy and Fozzie are the same performer, it seems unlikely that this pairing would happen often enough for this pattern to develop).

babyPiggy

Reaction score
Maybe they just weren't sure what else to do with her character? It's a bunch of grown men playing with women characters. I'm not saying that they would be insensitive, I'm sure they had feminine sides. But, maybe in the beginning, they weren't sure how to take the comedy involving a character as blatantly female as Piggy in another direction besides the obvious one. :/

It would be interesting to see if this habit increased or decreased every season. My feeling is that it would decrease, as they got more comfortable with the character. I know her and Gonzo got into situations but I can't think of specific situations where this happened with Fozzie (especially since Piggy and Fozzie are the same performer, it seems unlikely that this pairing would happen often enough for this pattern to develop).
you could check. They have almost every episode on youtube and a list of what order they are in on wikipedia