Sesame Street: Dinosaurs DVD Coming May 13, 2008

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Sesame Street will be taking a look at Dinosaurs in an all-new DVD coming this spring. The DVD will include lots of all-new content plus (like many Sesame videos) classic segments from the Sesame Street video library. The DVD will also said to include a dinosaur edition of "Journey to Ernie" as a bonus feature. "Sesame Street: Dinosaurs" is set for release on DVD on May 13, 2008.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I read about this at Muppet Wiki. At first I thought it would be a release of the street stories where the cast meet Herb the Dinosaur and where Elmo wants his own pet dinosaur, but if it's all-new then I'll be surprised if those ar eincluded.

I wonder what segments will be included. There arne't ver ymany dinosaur segments. There's the cartoon where a dinosaur atempts to get an apple froma tree, and the sketch where ERnie has Bert imagine a dinosaur around him. Maybe some cavemen sketches will be included, such as the caveman days sketches, and the Ernie and Sherlock Hemlock caveman sketches, maybe also Grover inventing the wheel (though that was recently included in Old School Volume 2). Maybe Kermit's report on the first day of school in history will be included. And perhaps the claymation cavemen sketches wil be included.

Drtooth

Reaction score
An odd sonding release. My question... rather someone else's question was they didn't know how the writers strike would affect these direct to DVD releases. So I take it, they aren't part of the WGA... or does it have to do with the fact Genius is under the Weinstine lable, which the writers made a deal with before hand. Because we both wondered if they use the same writers, or those writers have to be in the union to make the DVD's.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
My question... rather someone else's question was they didn't know how the writers strike would affect these direct to DVD releases. So I take it, they aren't part of the WGA... or does it have to do with the fact Genius is under the Weinstine lable, which the writers made a deal with before hand. Because we both wondered if they use the same writers, or those writers have to be in the union to make the DVD's.
This movie was actually written before the strike, so the WGA strike of '07-'08 had really no affect on the production/release of this particular title.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've just been told that you'll be able to catch this brand-new movie on the big screen! "Sesame Street Dinosaurs" will have a limited theatrical release throughout the month of May at participating Kidstoons theaters!
If those things weren't at 10am in the morning on Saturdays, and I wouldn't look like a mega pervert, I'd so be there. nothing is quite as magical as Muppets on the big screen.

Still kicking myself for not seeing Inspector gadget's Biggest case ever at a Kid Toons. At least, I think that was how it was released.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Ah! So it appears the reason for Telly and Abby turning into dinosaurs is because the fairy god person turned then into then after they wished that they could.

How come Telly isn't on the box if he's staring in the video?:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't expect this to be a movie. I thought it would be a direct-to-video special, maybe a compilation. Now that it's going to be released in some theaters, I don't expect it to have segments from the show (aside from the bonus Journey to Ernie segment).