Zoot, Lips, & Jim

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
You know I've been trying for as long as I remember to get these 3...some times it feels as if I'm never going to get them.
I don't even udnerstand why that many people want a lips figure.
Every time ones of these are on ebay the prices Skyrocket above anything I'd pay for figures I'm going to open.
I just don't get it though especially when it comes to Lips and zoot to a lesser extent because theya rent even that popular..I'm starting to think it's scalpers buying these things up.
I've seen tuns of each on ebay, people need to realize that these figures really aren't exactly that rare and there's enough for everyone.
Ok rant over sorry about that..but I'd like to be able to complete my muppet figure colleciton before I'm 50. lol:cool:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here's the Skinny

You know I've been trying for as long as I remember to get these 3...some times it feels as if I'm never going to get them.
I don't even udnerstand why that many people want a lips figure.
Every time ones of these are on ebay the prices Skyrocket above anything I'd pay for figures I'm going to open.
I just don't get it though especially when it comes to Lips and zoot to a lesser extent because theya rent even that popular..I'm starting to think it's scalpers buying these things up.
I've seen tuns of each on ebay, people need to realize that these figures really aren't exactly that rare and there's enough for everyone.
Ok rant over sorry about that..but I'd like to be able to complete my muppet figure colleciton before I'm 50. lol:cool:
Supply and demand. That's your answer.

Zoot is rare. There are fewer Zoots made because that particular series (series 3) produced fewer pieces. Zoot is one of the best of the line and worth getting at a higher price. His posabilty is beyond cool, but make sure (if you get him) that he doesn't tumble off a shelf because he is quite fragile.

Jim was always limited edition. That had to go through the Jim Henson Foundation before making it to market. There are few Jims, but more than appear on the market. He, like Lips, is being witheld by sellers to drive the price up on individual listings. It's an unfortunate fact of life in the collectibles market.

Lips (an uncredited figure I worked on a great deal) is only rare in his classic outfit. Series 9 wasn't a big run, but it wasn't particularly popular either (except for the Swedish Chef). :hungry:

Zoot and Jim are going to take some price hunting skill, but Lips is an easier find and is resonably priced from time to time. The action figures are very popular now on the secondary market. Many non-fans are reportedly collecting them now. This would have helped a few years ago! :rolleyes:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Yeah it would of helped at the time if people bought them...
Man I want to kick my my x for not lending me the money to buy zoot and lips when I found them in the store..you know it was one of those hey I don't have the money now but on payday I'll pay ya back...this would be why they're my x lol:stick_out_tongue:
And sorry I just felt like ranting.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Threads like this make me glad that I got Jim and Lips when they first came out.

And that I paid like 99 bucks for my Zoot (MOC and everything) which I thought was a reasonable price.

Good luck hunting them down!

karamazov80

Reaction score
I think that Frogboy is dead on. Unfortunately, it's just one of those things now. If you want them so badly, then you'll just have to account for it in your budget, buy them, and then you shall be satiated. . .

. . for a while, and then you will think, "I paid that much money for this?" Well, maybe you won't say that, but with collecting, the obsessive pursuit of the hunt often gives way to a kind of disappointment after you obtain what it is that you were coveting (in my experience, anyway). Of course, this is the case in many facets of life. But the pursuit keeps us going!:eek:

I have to say, though, that the price for these Muppets is completely nuts. I think the "demand" issue must be impacted by the relatively high income of Muppets collectors, b/c these prices seem to defy typical collectors' logic.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Threads like this make me glad that I got Jim and Lips when they first came out.

And that I paid like 99 bucks for my Zoot (MOC and everything) which I thought was a reasonable price.

Good luck hunting them down!
Thanks I'll just have to keep waiting, I really don't wait to pay 50.00 + shipping for a figure which usually costs 60.00 I hope I find them at a toy show some time and can just get them that way.