Imagine if the Muppet Babies were involved in another Mario Kart clone...

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
We know that several franchises have tried to cash in on the success of what the Super Mario franchise did with Super Mario Kart, i.e. Mickey Mouse, Sonic the Hedgehog, a few Konami franchises, and even the Muppets :smile:-)) to create racing games of their own... (and I wish I could own Muppet Race Mania)

But what if, say, Jim Henson Interactive wanted to clone Mario Kart again, this time with the Muppet Babies? Here's how I'd do it:

First off-- the main playable characters. Gotta have Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Scooter, Skeeter, Rowlf, and Gonzo. Do really well, and you can race as Bunsen, Beaker, Robin, Bean Bunny, and even Janice, too!

Here's the colors I'd use for their go-karts:

Kermit - Green
Piggy - Pink
Fozzie - Yellow
Animal - Red
Scooter - Orange
Skeeter - Purple
Rowlf - Brown
Gonzo - Blue
Bunsen - Light Green
Beaker - Light Blue
Robin - same as Kermit's
Bean Bunny - Light Yellow
Janice - Light Purple-Pink

Plus, if you do really, really well, you can race as baby versions of Muppet characters (including SS, FR, BITBBH, and international Muppets) that were never on Muppet Babies!

Second, the courses-- they all take place in the Babies' imaginations, in settings like a desert, the beach, a castle, etc. The nursery is where you go to change settings, pick courses, characters, etc., kinda like when a majority of selection screens take place in Mickey Mouse's living room in Mickey's Speedway USA.

Third, if any, weapons-- All Mario Kart clones seem to use weapons a lot. Can you think of any weapons that would work for them?

Fourth, you gotta have some voices for the game. :smile: Although I'm not sure whether or not I should use the original MB voices or the Muppetteers for them. You decide. :-D

That's about it. What do you think?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Third, if any, weapons-- All Mario Kart clones seem to use weapons a lot. Can you think of any weapons that would work for them?
Easily. Gonzo's stuffed Camilla, Fozzie's rubber chicken, Scooter's glasses (which come off QUITE easily), tomatoes (which would slow down your opponent, AS WELL AS make a huge mess), paint cans (would work like an oil slick), and alphabet blocks as standard items. But, depending upon the stage, you could have special items. Like in the aforementioned desert, you could throw a cactus (which would work like a green shell in Mario Kart), or a tumbleweed (which would work like a red shell).

So I'd better stop before I sound like a windbag. :big_grin:

BJ

JJandJanice

Reaction score
It would be neat, but now it could never happen since the Muppets and Muppet Babies are owned by Disney. I actually do have a copy of Muppet Race Mania though and I didn't really care for the game play, I felt it was really hard to control your Muppet and the car. But I did enjoy all the Muppets in this game, many of which hasn't been seen or heard in years like Scooter and others. It was also neat to have one of the characters was a Doozer as well.

But speaking of Muppets in video games I was hoping to see the Muppets in some role in Kingdom Hearts, but that didn't happen :sympathy: .

dmoss

Reaction score
Wow...that would be pretty cool, actually; I'd buy it! I wonder how well it would be welcomed, though? :confused:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
That would rock and I'd buy it in a heartbeat - provided it was available on the DS :smile: