Guess the TV Show

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Live action, but no puppetry whatsoever.

1. This series, for the most part, was filmed in black-and-white, with the exception of its final season, and two special episodes half-way through the series' run.
2. Ran from 1950 to 1956.
3. The series' co-star played four different characters during the series' run, including playing himself.
4. The series had a good sized ensemble cast of actors and actress who played various different characters through out the series' run.
5. The show's star later went on to own a baseball team.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I am thinking the baseball team name or location would give the show away, am I right?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To tell the truth, I don't even remember WHICH team it was he owned anyway.

1. This series, for the most part, was filmed in black-and-white, with the exception of its final season, and two special episodes half-way through the series' run.
3. The series' co-star played four different characters during the series' run, including playing himself.
4. The series had a good sized ensemble cast of actors and actress who played various different characters through out the series' run.
6. The show's co-star later married one of the series' ensemble actresses.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Was it popular with the masses or was it an underground cult hit?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Uh... not sure what you're asking, but yes, it was a popular show.
I was asking: Did your average viewer like it or was it something only a few could enjoy in cult-like fashion (examples of the latter include Star Trek [for not your average viewer liked the show, though they have heard of it, I am sure] & Invader Zim [again, not your average viewer type of show, and only true fans of it understand it most of the time anyway], among others)?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh.

Then, yeah, the average viewer liked it, because...

6. The show's co-star later married one of the series' ensemble actresses.
7. Was a western (that right there gives it away).