Muppets at the Flea Market or Garage Sale

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Wow, Great find! I have all the records from the Muppet movies and I plan to frame the covers. I never really cared if they played or not but we just got a turntable that you can hook up to the PC so I guess I can find out!
I am so tempted to get one of those turntables but I don't have the physical space to set it up near my computer. :frown:

Da Dogster

Reaction score
my finds at flea markets

I had several finds when ever i go to lea markets as well as thrift stores, One of the best items that i had came across was a photo, yes a photo of Jim Henson and Kermit, i had found this back in 1990 at a puppeteers of america convention, what makes it so uniqe is on the back of the photo Kodac is on the back.

The sad thing is durring a move from one house to another I had lost it and it made me sick.

Which brings me to a question, how many muppet items has any one bought , within their lifetime, lost it due to some miss fourtune or some sort of mishap?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I had several finds when ever i go to lea markets as well as thrift stores, One of the best items that i had came across was a photo, yes a photo of Jim Henson and Kermit, i had found this back in 1990 at a puppeteers of america convention, what makes it so uniqe is on the back of the photo Kodac is on the back.

The sad thing is durring a move from one house to another I had lost it and it made me sick.

Which brings me to a question, how many muppet items has any one bought , within their lifetime, lost it due to some miss fourtune or some sort of mishap?

I went through a small phase when I was around 13 when we were moving and threw out half of my Sesame Street dolls. I kick myself mentally everyday that I tossed out my original Super Grover, Cookie Monster and Herry dolls. I also carelessly tossed my Fisher Price Miss Piggy doll and Fozzie Bear.......

Pino

Reaction score
Most of the things I almost get for free.. as a real muppet sesame street lover I never had to pay more then 0,20 eurocents.
The best thing I got was for that price.. A sesame street recorder with an ernie reporter at the side.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
the only thing remember is I got rid of a Big Bird, Elmo, and Telly Doll. And of coarse all of the stuff i gave away, that now looking back i wish i didn't (its the muppets: meet the muppets and more muppets please, and a muppet babies video with an episode where they spoofed ghostbusters with gonzo being the dough monster).

Beauregard

Reaction score
I went through a small phase when I was around 13 when we were moving and threw out half of my Sesame Street dolls. I kick myself mentally everyday that I tossed out my original Super Grover, Cookie Monster and Herry dolls. I also carelessly tossed my Fisher Price Miss Piggy doll and Fozzie Bear.......
My dad threw away a HUGE Muppet poster...I miss it and never even saw it :stick_out_tongue:

zns

Reaction score
Usually I find stuff like books and records. But about a year ago, I went to an antique show in New Jersey and found the Kermit the Frog telephone from the 80's. Definately one of my best finds. :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I was found a Kermit the Frog cookie jar, :smile: .

It was in my collection for a long time, but I have a friend whose mother collects cookie jars so I went ahead and let her have it and it's a favorite for hers now.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I once got the old Fisher-Price Sesame Street playset, sans the accesories and characters that came with it. Also, at an annual rummage sale at a nearby church, I bought a Super Grover doll and the Fisher Price Kermit hand puppet.