Little Muppet Monsters is on Youtube

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
WOW! This is so cool!:crazy: The most I'd seen of Little Muppet Monsters previously was the intro, so it's really AWESOME to finally see the first episode! It'd be great if this (and Muppet Babies, for that matter) ever got released on DVD. It seems like it'd be great to have the whole thing archived and out there for the public to enjoy, mainly in light of the sad fact that we'll never see any more original work from Jim Henson.:cry:
I know the company goes on- but you know, this is one of his original works- and even if he considered it something of a failure-I like his successes so much, I'd still be interested in even seeing his failures. I mean- you really can't go wrong with the Muppets, you know? Anyway, thanks so much to whoever for posting this!:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, the Little Muppet Monsters talk page at Muppet Wiki has a coment from one member who claimed to have copies of all three episodes that were broadcast. Maybe someday he'll upload the other two on You Tube.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, the Little Muppet Monsters talk page at Muppet Wiki has a coment from one member who claimed to have copies of all three episodes that were broadcast. Maybe someday he'll upload the other two on You Tube.
I sure hope so. Youtube has been a boon to Muppet fans. I mean, you find a way to share your rare muppet films and products without all that messy Tape Trade stuff. I'd love to see some Henson insider leak all the episodes somehow at one point... be it a deal with Disney to release it as a limited edition DVD, or on YT. The Muppets may not look great in animation (but, frankly, the Fraggles looked worse... Especially the Gorgs), but these were a cute little idea that just didn't gel.

I wish they kept the monsters going, though. They were really cute, and would have been better hosts for those Henson kid's videos than those weird looking humanoids they had.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
They would have probably fit in well on The Jim Henson Hour and The Mupets at Walt Disney World. Then again, if they were on The Jim Henson Hour, Boo and Tug would have probably had different performers, as David Rudman didn't perform on that series, and Richard Hunt only performed in a handful of episodes (I think he was only in two episodes).

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Though it WAS interesting to hear what sounded like Baby Fozzie impersonating Dr. Strangepork, lol.
I bet that's because Greg Berg voiced both. :wink: However, it sounds a little more like Baby Scooter impersonating Dr. Strangepork, though. (of course, Greg did voice Baby Scooter, too)

Come to think of it... if Marvel didn't have Rob Paulsen doing Marjory the Trash Heap on the Fraggle Rock cartoon, would Greg have been a better choice for voicing her?

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Kind of off topic, but...

Come to think of it, I looked up on Muppet Wiki, and found this unfinished pilot for an animated muppet series. I have to say this... those designs are cool and all, but I like how the muppets looked here much better. I mean, not so much the style of animation (I loved Miss Piggy's Anime style facial expressions- nothing extreme thoug... and I loved the subtlety of Animals's moving hair when he was flipping over the bar).

I swear, a Pigs in Space animated series did have potential. Imagine if they did it similar in fashion to the Star Trek series, using the original actors for voice artists.
^I ca't believe I've never seen those before! :eek: I don't really like the character designs too much, but the concepts behind the shows are pretty good! Muppets '75 sounds more like a parody (the Lew Grade part), but the other two have real potential. He should try and re-pitch it, maybe as a puppet show.

I kind of want to draw some cartoon Pigs in Space now...:smirk:

Oh, and about Little Muppet Monsters: I havent watched the whole thing yet, but Fozzie sounds like a baby. :stick_out_tongue:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Personally, I wish there was some way they just edited down the cartoon segments and used them as Muppet babies wrap-arounds or something.
They did in the Eight Flags Over My Nanny Episode.

Come to think of it, I looked up on Muppet Wiki, and found this unfinished pilot for an animated muppet series. I have to say this... those designs are cool and all, but I like how the muppets looked here much better. I mean, not so much the style of animation (I loved Miss Piggy's Anime style facial expressions- nothing extreme thoug... and I loved the subtlety of Animals's moving hair when he was flipping over the bar).
Hmm! I wonder why scooter was a part of the Mayhem in this proposed pilot?

dmoss

Reaction score
Wowzers...that was neat! I had always heard of the Muppet Monsters, but I never dreamnt that someone would actually have it to upload on Youtube!

Also, I echo those of you that say Jim was wise to pull-the-plug on this little project. It was kind of fun, but...it was a bit weird to see a cartoon with the Muppet Babies, and then to see them grown-up in the next half-hour. Strange.

Anyhoo, thanks for bringing that to everyone's attention! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
They did in the Eight Flags Over My Nanny Episode.
I meant more allong the lines of taking just the animated segments, and putting them together into a compilation show, and show them allong side Muppet babies... like in their second hour

Hmm! I wonder why scooter was a part of the Mayhem in this proposed pilot?
:big_grin: - Cuz he's the man with the van!