The Videogame Thread

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. For me, I've always figured that Sonic only truly swims--i.e. actually moves his arms & legs in conjunction with being underwater--if it's truly a needed situation.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Expecially in Sonic 3 and S&K, if you just started running blindly you would most likely die. Some levels you had to take it slow or you wouldnt be able to do it.
I've always found that if he is in a ball while running or speeding that you can go pretty fast through the levels in sonic 3 & knuckles.

But I really like tales and Knuckles swimming animation on the game!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I've always found that if he is in a ball while running or speeding that you can go pretty fast through the levels in sonic 3 & knuckles.
But if you merely breeze through the levels, then you could have missed something important, like a possible extra live, bonus stage, or what have you.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But if you merely breeze through the levels, then you could have missed something important, like a possible extra live, bonus stage, or what have you.
Not really, Thee are parts in every level mad for running through. But that doesn't happen if you know where everything is. Most places where you have to find things you have to speed to get to anyway.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
What about those times when you have to jump from platform to platform (ex: the sand level, the airplane level, and the water levels)? The point was that there's often things important that could overlooked if one's not careful.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
What about those times when you have to jump from platform to platform (ex: the sand level, the airplane level, and the water levels)? The point was that there's often things important that could overlooked if one's not careful.
I guess you're right but the way the game works is that the rushes yo from one place to another and with every place the is always somewhere to look for something that may be hidden. I tough to explain how it's played. But running does have it's advantages in score and 1up's and power ups and everything. Usually it does not take that long to find anything if you know what you're doing. Plus you ofter find a lot of hidden ways by speeding.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah. But the point was that you can't just barreling into things without knowing what to do & sometimes, you must slow down in order to grab hidden things & defeat enemies.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah. But the point was that you can't just barreling into things without knowing what to do & sometimes, you must slow down in order to grab hidden things & defeat enemies.
It doesn't take that long.