Your Thoughts: Kermit and Fozzie on The View

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, Kermit and Fozzie will be appearing on ABC’s The View later today. They will be promoting The Muppet Show: The Complete Third Season DVD box set. Check your local listings for time and channel.

After you see the appearance, post here and let us know your thoughts.

AAO

Reaction score
I'm watching it now. I HATE the view. Denise Richards was on there and they were hounding her over her divorce. I thought she was going to cry. They seem to bring up things they really shouldn't. Hopefully they don't break Fozzie's heart... LOL!

AAO

Reaction score
Well, I just watched it and well the audience got a free copy of Season 3! Lucky them, I pre-ordered mine last month. Fozzie and Kermit did well though. Nice little interview.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I gotta check it out over the weekend. I set up my VCR to record today since I had to work. Oh, the View is horrendous. I never liked that show. I had some hopes for it when Rosie was on and then they couldn't handle her open honesty, so screw them....

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ha Ha Screw them thats funny! I think thats why the show is in the trouble its in lol

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They spent too much time talking to Denise, and not enough talking to Kermit and Fozzie, but I have to admit, they were rather amusing!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Denise Richards was on there and they were hounding her over her divorce. I thought she was going to cry. They seem to bring up things they really shouldn't.
I'm gonna say that Whoopie brought up excellent points. If this is such a hard time for her, why did she go and make a TV show about it? Seems to me, she IS a sell out. I agree with Whoop here... her children shouldn't be any part of it.

Anyway, Standard stuff from kermit. I swear, they script these things to have one mention of Fozzie (pretty redundant, as Fozzie was there), and the denying of his relationship with Piggy.

But gold... gold coming off fo Fozzie. he was in his top form. Eric really did justice to the character, even likening Simon Cowguy to Statler and Waldorf. I don't know if they chose him specifially because he was on the cover of the DVD set, or what. But they definately did a great job going with a character that isn't seen in live TV interviews that much. Had it been Kermit and Piggy, it would have been the same as the others (but still welcomed). But Fozzie was amazing.

I epecially liked Kermit's line. Oh, we still do the show, but we don't have the cameras turned on. All we need is an audience, a network, and a jazzy new name (paraphrasing). Clearly, they weren't puddyfooting around the fact they haven't been on TV in their own show for a while. I think it was curageous they even brought that up.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I'm gonna say that Whoopie brought up excellent points. If this is such a hard time for her, why did she go and make a TV show about it? Seems to me, she IS a sell out. I agree with Whoop here... her children shouldn't be any part of it.

Anyway, Standard stuff from kermit. I swear, they script these things to have one mention of Fozzie (pretty redundant, as Fozzie was there), and the denying of his relationship with Piggy.

But gold... gold coming off fo Fozzie. he was in his top form. Eric really did justice to the character, even likening Simon Cowguy to Statler and Waldorf. I don't know if they chose him specifially because he was on the cover of the DVD set, or what. But they definately did a great job going with a character that isn't seen in live TV interviews that much. Had it been Kermit and Piggy, it would have been the same as the others (but still welcomed). But Fozzie was amazing.

I epecially liked Kermit's line. Oh, we still do the show, but we don't have the cameras turned on. All we need is an audience, a network, and a jazzy new name (paraphrasing). Clearly, they weren't puddyfooting around the fact they haven't been on TV in their own show for a while. I think it was curageous they even brought that up.
I'm glad to hear Eric is doing a good job with Fozzie. I haven't seen enough of him yet performing him to decide whether I like his interpretation of the character yet. Same with Piggy but I absolutely adore his work as Grover on Sesame.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Ha Ha Screw them thats funny! I think thats why the show is in the trouble its in lol
Yeah I don't know it's a show that just annoys me. I know it's geared towards a female audience but as a female I find it very degrading. And I always respected Barbara Walters for what she has done for television news/journalism and this show is just such a low point for her career in my opinion.

I love Whoopi too and am surprised she's part of this show.