What movie are you planning on, going to see?

Elmo The Second

Reaction score
Monster's V.S Aliens was
really good. You think it might be very corny. It's not, there's kid and adult humor. Kinda like what Henson had........

''I don't want to see this foolishness!'' ''So what kind of foolishness do you want to see?'' Sam the Eagle and Gonzo Muppet Vision 3-D:attitude::concern:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I liked Night at the Museum enough (I thought it was a charming kind of okay), but what sells this Muppet fan is the sight of Darth Vader and Oscar in the same shot. :stick_out_tongue: The biggest whiner vs the most famous grouch ...

The more I see trailers for Terminator Salvation, the more I want to see it. First of all, it has robots, which lures me immediately. It's just my personality. Also, I like the idea (started, really, IMHO, in the Sarah Connor Chronicles) that cyborgs could use some dignity and respect. From what I've been reading about it, it sounds like Marcus Wright is basically a human with a metal skeleton. How does John Connor go from "hug me, Arnie" to "I'm gonna vaporize every Metal I can find"? Why is he such a jerk? Why is anyone surprised that Skynet assumes all humans to be major villains that deserve to be wiped from the Earth?

I'm a Star Trek fan. I loved the new movie. It's even a sort-of sequel, as well as a reboot (prequel isn't really accurate, since it's an alternate reality). To me, this is what the Original Series would have been had the money and the tech been there in the sixties to pull that off. Nero makes Khan seem like Anakin. I mean, Khan had plenty of reasons to be upset at Kirk ... but Nero's source of anger makes Khan's seem petty. And this is coming from someone who can't in good conscience ever mention anything bad about The Wrath of Khan. Lest we forget, Roddenberry himself said TOS was a space cowboy kind of thing. The deep intellectual stuff was there sometimes, but this was also a series that made little furballs carry an episode or more (especially if you count flashbacks in later series). The people upset about the new movie remind me of those upset at Dragonball: News flash ... both were pretty much in the spirit of the originals (though in different ways). That's just how it is. Dragonball, in all honesty, was a very trippy and silly kid's show and Star Trek was first and foremost an adventure story. Star Trek's tagline has never been "To ponder academic thoughts while we're being shot at". It was "To boldy go ...."

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Star Trek's tagline has never been "To ponder academic thoughts while we're being shot at". It was "To boldy go ...."
To boldy go can mean anything, from flying around in space to expanding the mind with academic thoughts. Might I remind you The Next Generation's series finale where Q told Picard at the end about how it's not about mapping stars and meeting new species, it's about opening the mind to the different possibilities of things.

The Original Series was set in the 60's where Roddenberry didn't have all the heavy accademic thinking. That wasn't until the later series were made and brought forth writers like Mike Piller, Ira Behr, Robert Wolfe, Peter Allan Fields, and Ron Moore to expand upon what Star Trek was, besides flying through space and being a wagon train through the stars.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That was my point. People who are griping about the action-movie quality of this movie seem to be forgetting that Classic Trek WAS an adventure story, not a thesis statement. Don't get me wrong ... I like cerebral Trek. I just shake my head when some gripe about something when that thing IS being what it was supposed to be.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2 Definately I Saw Oscar, Kermit, Yoda, Darth Vader, Bert And Ernie In The New Commercial That Just Aired Today.
Could you point us out to this commercial? The only confirmed sightings I've seen is Oscar and Vader... if the others make an appearance I'd really like to see it.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
That was my point. People who are griping about the action-movie quality of this movie seem to be forgetting that Classic Trek WAS an adventure story, not a thesis statement. Don't get me wrong ... I like cerebral Trek. I just shake my head when some gripe about something when that thing IS being what it was supposed to be.
Well some of the movies were about thinking and so on, like Star Trek 6, Star Trek 1, and Star Trek 5.

As silly as one might think Star Trek 5 was, it did tackle the huge debate about God and if that entity was real or not. Personally, Star Trek 5 is a favorite of mine because it showcases the friendship between Kirk, Spock, and McCoy better than the other movies. Plus the crew shines to, with Scotty and Uhura, etc. But that's my opinion.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think you can kind of compare it to the original star wars trilogy VS. the new one. The original was so laid back and the new ones were just so uptight with the old English and boring space politics. It was a snooze fest. :sleep: It was missing a regular Joe like Han Solo

Think it's interesting how Night At The Museum is coming out during the summer while the first one came out during Christmas.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The people upset about the new movie remind me of those upset at Dragonball: News flash ... both were pretty much in the spirit of the originals (though in different ways). That's just how it is. Dragonball, in all honesty, was a very trippy and silly kid's show and Star Trek was first and foremost an adventure story.
There actually is a difference. Star Trek was reimagined for a new audience, Dragon Ball was a script option that was about to expire, and Fox didn't want the same thing that happened with Watchmen to happen here. Star Trek has a big blasting budget and a cast that resembles younger versions of the classic crew (you see the dude playing Spock? Almost a spooky likeness). Dragon ball took kids off the street and threw a kung fu movie star into the mix. The only thing I can see in DB is that they didn't watch a single episode, and clearly confused everything with Z.... had the film been about Gohan going to school, I'd agree... but from everything I heard, they replaced Goku with a Smallville wanna be.... they took out all the magical talking animals, and they replaced the humor of the original show with crummy slapstick.

Not to mention critics loved Star Trek (or liked it very much), and the only review I've seen of Dragon Ball was terrible, likening it to a cheap Spider-Man movie knock off. And I can't say I don't blame them. Plus side of the Dragon Ball movie, though.... there's a new DB series in Japan.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well appearly the new Night at the Museum is getting really negative reveiws, only getting 41% perfect from Rotten Tomatoes, which is sad, cause Dance Flick is actually has a higher rating than that, :concern::boo:.

I think I might still check it out sometime sooner or later though. I view their page on Wikipedia and the only Muppet that seems to be featured is Oscar the Grouch according to the page, he's the only one they listed. I still haven't seen or heard anything about Kermit the Frog and Bret and Ernie making a cameo in that movie, :confused:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think I might still check it out sometime sooner or later though. I view their page on Wikipedia and the only Muppet that seems to be featured is Oscar the Grouch according to the page, he's the only one they listed. I still haven't seen or heard anything about Kermit the Frog and Bret and Ernie making a cameo in that movie, :confused:.
Featured is the key word. They could just as easily have Ben Stiller or someone walk by the display case/stand/whatever (I ain't never been to the Smithsonian, so I can't tell) where those characters are. Or maybe have brief, breif walking around cameos.

That said, if this movie were somehow to feature Kermit and the others, even just walking around not saying anything, it would be the first time since MTM or FTB that TMS and SS characters shared the same screen and movie together. Man, that sounds depressing though.