I'm curious...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Bonjoiur!

This is a cool topic, but I've kinda been reading through it with my eyes half shut because I don't want to know most of your names!

I think that names and avatars give certain perspectives of people, and you imagine them in a certain way, based on the names and micknames they are given. And I always read people's posts in different voices, with different ideas of, say, the way they type, etc. And knowing their names always changes that for me somehow.

I prefer to think of Snowthers AS Snowthers. And I simply cannot call Vic Dave no matter how hard I try. Ultimately, I end up calling him Vic again. Same with Vibs, who I talk to on MSN and have met twice (and meeting again soon!), I still call her Vibs and never her real name. People like Dan, though, who I've known the name of from the start is makes more sense to call them Dan.

Even when I know people's names, I still call them "RedB" or "MrsP" or other MC related names.

And, while most people know my name is Mat, I've grown into the name Beau that I'd answer first to it, and assume that Mat was refering to someone else. Although I also love the name Mat B Regard.

Teheheman

Reaction score
You know what? You make a lot of sense and that's just strange. I find it easier to call people by their s/n's. Even though, I know their names and have met some of my internet friends in person, I still call them by their s/n's that I know them by. I guess since there are SO many people in the world named "Bob" for example, it's easier to know them as "Blowpop Bob" or whatever their s/n is.

Daniel

Kiki

Reaction score
Hey Beau, I totally agree with the whole avatar thing too! Usually I picture people as their avatar, no matter how absurd or unusual it is.. and even when I have seen their actual photo! And if they don't have avatars, it's a bit hard to picture them, but I can hear they're voice in their posts! :batty:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hey Beau, I totally agree with the whole avatar thing too! Usually I picture people as their avatar, no matter how absurd or unusual it is.. and even when I have seen their actual photo! And if they don't have avatars, it's a bit hard to picture them, but I can hear they're voice in their posts! :batty:
You mean like their singing voice?:confused:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You mean like their singing voice?:confused:
:sing:Let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start. When you read you begin with ABC. When you sing you begin with Do-Re-Mi. All right I'll make it easier for you. Listen.
Do- A deer, a female deer
Re- A drop of golden sun
Mi- A name I call myself
Fa- A long long way to run
So- A needle pulling thread
La- A note to follow So
Ti- A drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to Do.
Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-La-Ti-Do

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score

what happens if there are 2 people in their avatar? Then how do you picture them?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I suppose you could always imagine them as having a doppelganger twin. :wink: :big_grin:

But seriously Sargey I think you will always be Floyd himself to me and probably most people on the forum no matter what other sort of avatars you use. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
:sing:Let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start. When you read you begin with ABC. When you sing you begin with Do-Re-Mi. All right I'll make it easier for you. Listen.
Do- A deer, a female deer
Re- A drop of golden sun
Mi- A name I call myself
Fa- A long long way to run
So- A needle pulling thread
La- A note to follow So
Ti- A drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to Do.
Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-La-Ti-Do
Good lesson!:wink: By the way, I really like your new signature!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes what about my face? It was okay the last time I looked into my mirror. :smile: