Muppet Master Replicas

Fizzgig1977

Reaction score
With four muppet characters produced by Master Replicas, does anyone know if they are selling well. If so is anyone interested in Master Replica making characters from other Henson films & TV shows? Personally I would love to have a 1.1 scale Boober Fraggle and Hoggle from Labyrinth. But my most wanted character would be Fizzgig from Dark Crystal (especially now that Toy Vault have made that piece of rubbish that they call a Fizzgig plush! Any thoughts

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
According to CSTom at MR, there is a limited amount of Gonzo and Animal left in there stock. MR only has the license for "The Muppet Show" only so they are not able to produce other Henson characters outside or The Muppet Show.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Their licence is from Disney, not Henson.Traditionally, Henson have shown that they dont want replicas made of their characters.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Their licence is from Disney, not Henson.Traditionally, Henson have shown that they dont want replicas made of their characters.
I know muppetperson! :smirk: The Muppets have been at Disney for 4 years now and people STILL dont know! :shifty:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I already knew that Disney now owns the Muppets. I was refering to Henson Muppet characters....meaning that they cannot do Sesame Street or any other Henson movies other than the Muppet Show.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
To answer the second question from the first post: yes, I would be interested in MR getting the license from Henson. A few Fraggles and Movie creatures would be fantastic to have spread around the house.

As you say though, I'm sure that would depend on how well the Muppets are performing in sales, and whether or not Henson would allow the license.

Time will tell. :wisdom:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Henson would not allow the licence unless they had a rethink or sold the characters to someone else, like they did with Disney.They feel strongly in this area for "legal reasons",
so I wouldnt hold your breath waiting for Henson owned replicas anytime soon.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Fizzgig, where abouts in Staffordshire do you live?

Luke

Reaction score
I think maybe Henson might allow a license if it was a really high-end collectors thing - but probably Labyrinth, Dark Crystal characters rather than Fraggles. I think we would be talking editions of 500 or less, and prices into the thousands though.